Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Frontier
585 Posts
Could a person just put wheel spacers to clear the knuckles ?
You would have to use ridiculously large spacers. The clearance issue exists between the outer tie rod and the rim, so you would need to move the rim entirely outboard of the outer tie rod.

·
Registered
2007 Nissan Frontier SE crew cab 4x4 short bed
7 Posts
I have a 2007 frontier crew cab short bed with a 2 inch level kit and really thought about a 6 inch lift. Some things I’ve read says you need to run larger wheels? Why is that. I understand the tires, but wheels also? And also, what exactly is a titan swap? What are the benefits? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
I have a 2007 frontier crew cab short bed with a 2 inch level kit and really thought about a 6 inch lift. Some things I’ve read says you need to run larger wheels? Why is that. I understand the tires, but wheels also? And also, what exactly is a titan swap? What are the benefits? Thanks!
Answered a bunch of times... but:

1. 6" inch RC is a drop bracket kit, here's the link:
6 Inch Lift Kit | Nissan Frontier 2WD/4WD (2005-2021) | Rough Country
You need larger wheels because the OEM wheels aren't large enough-offset enough to clear the drop bracket parts.

2. Titan swap means you swap Nissan Titan front end parts onto a Frontier to get more width and more travel.

Please, use the search feature of the website for both of these, there's tons of information already explaining all the basics and more.

·
Registered
7 Posts

You need larger wheels because the OEM wheels aren't large enough-offset enough to clear the drop bracket parts.

2. Titan swap means you swap Nissan Titan front end parts onto a Frontier to get more width and more travel.

Please, use the search feature of the website for both of these, there's tons of information already explaining all the basics and more.
That is actually the kit that I was looking at but with the struts instead of the spacers. I can’t really seem to find any other 6 inch lift than the RC. Thanks for the reply and advice.

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
979 Posts

Or just use Google. These aren’t new concepts.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
197 Posts
Or I could just save myself the time and ask people that have already been there-done that. That’s kinda why we are all here correct?
You need 18" wheels to clear the RC spindle. RC also says that it doesn't fit the Pro4x, but I've been running it on mine for the past 45k miles with zero issues. The dealer installed it when the truck was brand new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You need 18" wheels to clear the RC spindle. RC also says that it doesn't fit the Pro4x, but I've been running it on mine for the past 45k miles with zero issues. The dealer installed it when the truck was brand new.
I wasn’t for sure on tire size either. I’m running 31s right now with no rubbing and I know that is definitely not a large enough size.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I wasn’t for sure on tire size either. I’m running 31s right now with no rubbing and I know that is definitely not a large enough size.
I'm currently running Black Rhino Realm 18x9.5 +0 wheels with 285/60R18 tires. It's a 31.5" tire and they don't look small at all. The wheels make them stick 2" past the fender, which gives them a nice stance.

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
When you say "31's" you're referring to tire size. Tire size isn't the problem with installing the 6" lift - it's the inside of the wheel itself that you need clearance for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm currently running Black Rhino Realm 18x9.5 +0 wheels with 285/60R18 tires. It's a 31.5" tire and they don't look small at all. The wheels make them stick 2" past the fender, which gives them a nice stance.
right now I’ve got a 2 inch leveling kit, 31x10.50-16 and inch and a half spacers
Sky Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still trying to find out why rough country is saying you can't put it on a Pro4x. Why is this a thing and what type of modifications did the one who installed it have to make. Also, I have the right rim they're calling for(20" actually) why won't a 33x12.50r20 tire work?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Still trying to find out why rough country is saying you can't put it on a Pro4x. Why is this a thing and what type of modifications did the one who installed it have to make. Also, I have the right rim they're calling for(20" actually) why won't a 33x12.50r20 tire work?
I don't know what the dealer did to make it work. My truck has had the kit from day one. As for the tires, I used to have 275/60R20 (33" tire) on 20x9 +18 wheels. I had to remove the front mud flaps and the chin spoiler in order not to rub. The fender liners didn't have to be touched. If you go this route, you can expect your gas mileage to take a hit (14.5 mpg).

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
Have you... tried actually calling RC and asking them directly?

1-800-222-7023
  • 7AM - 10PM Monday - Thursday
  • 7AM - 7PM Friday
  • 8AM - 5PM Saturday
  • Closed Sunday
  • All times are US Central Standard Time [CST]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Now what is the biggest lift I could run and still keep my 16 inch wheels? I’m just wanting something a little more than the 2 inch. My truck will not be seeing off road though.

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
Now what is the biggest lift I could run and still keep my 16 inch wheels? I’m just wanting something a little more than the 2 inch. My truck will not be seeing off road though.
Read the suspension sticky first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know what the dealer did to make it work. My truck has had the kit from day one. As for the tires, I used to have 275/60R20 (33" tire) on 20x9 +18 wheels. I had to remove the front mud flaps and the chin spoiler in order not to rub. The fender liners didn't have to be touched. If you go this route, you can expect your gas mileage to take a hit (14.5 mpg).
Hahaha, that's mine now already

21 - 38 of 38 Posts