Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have wanted to lift my 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X ever since i bought it. I am looking for a suspension lift as i am not really into the look of the body lifts as i had one on my old truck. now, i do not and will not be doing crazy rock climbing, or crazy offroading other than hitting up some local mud holes or fields. so yes mock me all you want i am mainly going for looks.

I have been looking at Rough Country's 6 inch suspension lift. i want to know if anyone has installed this and what your pros and cons are of the kit. They have a Black Friday sale right now for $100 off the kit with free shipping. Yes i know you will have to get bigger rims/tires (18"+) and i al ok with getting some nice looking 18's with some M/S tires on it.

other questions i have is how the install went? how long did it take you ?

any problems with the kit?

this kit uses the Stock shocks all around? it would be nice 5+ yrs down the road not to have to search and search for aftermarket shocks wthat fit and just go with OEM sizes.

any input good or bad would be appreciated

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
pros: you get that 6" spacer lift
cons: once you install this, you can't go back to stock, unless you can weld all the things you have to cut off to install it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Ok guys I have wanted to lift my 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X ever since i bought it. I am looking for a suspension lift as i am not really into the look of the body lifts as i had one on my old truck. now, i do not and will not be doing crazy rock climbing, or crazy offroading other than hitting up some local mud holes or fields. so yes mock me all you want i am mainly going for looks.

I have been looking at Rough Country's 6 inch suspension lift. i want to know if anyone has installed this and what your pros and cons are of the kit. They have a Black Friday sale right now for $100 off the kit with free shipping. Yes i know you will have to get bigger rims/tires (18"+) and i al ok with getting some nice looking 18's with some M/S tires on it.

other questions i have is how the install went? how long did it take you ?

any problems with the kit?

this kit uses the Stock shocks all around? it would be nice 5+ yrs down the road not to have to search and search for aftermarket shocks wthat fit and just go with OEM sizes.

any input good or bad would be appreciated

Chris
Sir what ever you do don't ruin your 2016 Pro4x with that cheap kit this is the kit you need for that model I did all the research on our particular Truck is a little more special than the regular SV Desert Runner Modelshttps://www.calmini.com/detail.php?b=1&m=38&t=1&p=940&n= this is the correct kit for our Trucks I plan on changing to this one round march next near

Attachments

·
Rogue Admin
13,224 Posts
Sir what ever you do don't ruin your 2016 Pro4x with that cheap kit this is the kit you need for that model I did all the research on our particular Truck is a little more special than the regular SV Desert Runner Modelshttps://www.calmini.com/detail.php?b=1&m=38&t=1&p=940&n= this is the correct kit for our Trucks I plan on changing to this one round march next near
This link is flagged as being insecure and my browser will not connect. Calmini is terrible for never having their Frontier lifts in stock. One member here has waited over a year and still doesn't have all of his Calmini lift kit (they shipped it in pieces).

·
Registered
838 Posts
This link is flagged as being insecure and my browser will not connect. Calmini is terrible for never having their Frontier lifts in stock. One member here has waited over a year and still doesn't have all of his Calmini lift kit (they shipped it in pieces).

That's terrible the Offroad shop I deal with orders from them also they're in Bakersfield California I have no problem taking a two hour trip to get my lift whole and not in Pieces such a shame to hear that

·
Registered
2,814 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I just installed a 6-inch RC lift. I should say I paid Nissan to install it! I went with their new rear shocks, and the front shock /strut that they offer. I am not a mechanical person at all but it looks to me like the kit came with a UCA, s. The ride off road on this truck is as good or better than stock on washboards and just generally rough roads. I had a hell of a time finding wheels that I liked for my 16 fronty SV. There really aren't that many off-road wheels selections. I'm running 285 65 r18,s had to do some trimming on both front rear fenders, because of rubbing. RC recommended this exact setup but I'm not happy with the rubbing and I'm going to have to probably get it ground down or whatever they can do to be able to go over a speed bump at an angle..😡 but I'm telling you brother this truck looks and rides awesome!! I'll be honest with you it is expensive to lift these little trucks, the installation took about 6 hours It cost about $1,000. I'm running BFG Mts, like I said 285 65 r18 and fuel Force Wheels with machine face. I'm in it a good $4,500 easily when you add it all up, and I really wouldn't change a thing as far as how it looks the only thing I'm disappointed in is the rubbing on the rear of the front fender. No problems with the install everything in the kit came I was very happy about that!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm not crazy about the Rough Country lift either for reasons of price, install difficulty, permanent frame cutting and needing bigger wheels...and still rubbing afterwards would be very disappointing as well. If you are looking for that much lift and are staunchly against any body lift...a Titan swap is good option. Not too many options out there to get a 4x4 up higher than 2.5" without using a body lift...and they all are pretty intrusive and expensive. To me the Titan swap checks the most boxes.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey backnblack, your truck has a cousin in Wyoming , you have a nice-looking truck I even considered those Wheels! If I knew how to post a picture of my frontier I would but my level of intelligence is not that high I guess! Did you end up having to do some trimming on your front fenders?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hey backnblack, your truck has a cousin in Wyoming , you have a nice-looking truck I even considered those Wheels! If I knew how to post a picture of my frontier I would but my level of intelligence is not that high I guess! Did you end up having to do some trimming on your front fenders?
Yes.

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
Hi, I just installed a 6-inch RC lift. I should say I paid Nissan to install it! I went with their new rear shocks, and the front shock /strut that they offer. I am not a mechanical person at all but it looks to me like the kit came with a UCA, s. The ride off road on this truck is as good or better than stock on washboards and just generally rough roads. I had a hell of a time finding wheels that I liked for my 16 fronty SV. There really aren't that many off-road wheels selections. I'm running 285 65 r18,s had to do some trimming on both front rear fenders, because of rubbing. RC recommended this exact setup but I'm not happy with the rubbing and I'm going to have to probably get it ground down or whatever they can do to be able to go over a speed bump at an angle..😡 but I'm telling you brother this truck looks and rides awesome!! I'll be honest with you it is expensive to lift these little trucks, the installation took about 6 hours It cost about $1,000. I'm running BFG Mts, like I said 285 65 r18 and fuel Force Wheels with machine face. I'm in it a good $4,500 easily when you add it all up, and I really wouldn't change a thing as far as how it looks the only thing I'm disappointed in is the rubbing on the rear of the front fender. No problems with the install everything in the kit came I was very happy about that!
6" of list and 33s still rub. :(

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Frontier
490 Posts
6" of list and 33s still rub. :(
@Tuk , is there any rubbing on the front of the front fender? If not, double check your alignment specs. They probably set caster to factory specs, but I think you can get extra caster with that kit. More caster will push the wheel forward. If there's enough clearance in the front, then have them realign it al you can clear the rear of the fender.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts