Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Where do you think Nissan, Toyota, Ford, get their parts? The same place. Besides, I couldn’t care less if they’re knockoffs or gray market. I was in the IT business, I know all about back door markets, how stuff gets there and why the big boys do nothing about it. I used to buy intel processors that went from California to Indonesia, to China, and back to the US east coast and the landed price was half of what Intel was charging me direct in the states.
Completely oblivious to what I just explained. I'll put it in bold, in as simple of a sentence as possible:

It doesn't matter where it came from, how it's labeled, or how it got here; what matters is how it was made.

P.S. I've been in the IT business and the overseas electronic manufacturing business... And they are not the same thing :whistle:
Done with this topic, have a good weekend :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Completely oblivious to what I just explained. I'll put it in bold, in as simple of a sentence as possible:

It doesn't matter where it came from, how it's labeled, or how it got here; what matters is how it was made.

P.S. I've been in the IT business and the overseas electronic manufacturing business... And they are not the same thing :whistle:
Done with this topic, have a good weekend :)
They’re all made the same. That’s the point. Nissan buys the same parts from the same people. Just like the cpus that make the rounds. Lest you think they need to set up mfg to counterfeit something as inexpensive and low demand as turn signal switches to hawk on eBay. PS, they don’t even market it as a Nissan OEM part, so if they’re gonna counterfeit at least try to play up the branding. Nah, they’re just excess parts they’re selling out the back door and they don’t push them as OEM in order to steer clear of pissing off their big customer.

And if you don’t believe that, I’ve got a nice piece of swampland for you to build a house on...

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
They’re all made the same. That’s the point.
LOL you went from "they're all the same" to "they're all made the same"

From your last reply, it's painfully obvious that you are underestimating the lengths an overseas factory will take to make a profit - legal or illegal, front door or back door, direct or via proxy routes. And you know what? I thought about why you believe what you do, and that's fine - if you've never actually seen what I've seen, then I don't blame you for thinking "they're all made the same." At one point in time years ago, I thought the same thing... but hey, ignorance is bliss.

We (more specifically the company I currently work for) manufacture some of our products overseas, but we purchase white-label and branding as well. For these products, we visit the factories overseas 4 times a year (minus this year, because you know - pandemic) and I've seen it in person myself so many times it's ridiculous how fast the factory can switch it up. Any particular part can be made in the same place, under the same roof, with the same machinery, the same molds, on the same production line - but all it takes is a 30-second pause on the line and one small change in allotted materials per batch and boom - just like that instead of making the standard part that cost $50 to make, they're quickly churning out an identical-looking part of less quality for only $10.

So yeah... if you don't think an overseas factory won't bother to set up manufacturing to counterfeit or make an inferior version of a part AND put in the same effort towards replicating branding and company markings... then you simply haven't seen what I've seen. (y)

P.S. I have a turn signal switch for you to buy that is "made the same" but cheaper, and it won't burn out your switchback LEDs.
...oh, wait. :unsure:

:D

·
Registered
503 Posts
LOL you went from "they're all the same" to "they're all made the same"

From your last reply, it's painfully obvious that you are underestimating the lengths an overseas factory will take to make a profit - legal or illegal, front door or back door, direct or via proxy routes. And you know what? I thought about why you believe what you do, and that's fine - if you've never actually seen what I've seen, then I don't blame you for thinking "they're all made the same." At one point in time years ago, I thought the same thing... but hey, ignorance is bliss.

We (more specifically the company I currently work for) manufacture some of our products overseas, but we purchase white-label and branding as well. For these products, we visit the factories overseas 4 times a year (minus this year, because you know - pandemic) and I've seen it in person myself so many times it's ridiculous how fast the factory can switch it up. Any particular part can be made in the same place, under the same roof, with the same machinery, the same molds, on the same production line - but all it takes is a 30-second pause on the line and one small change in allotted materials per batch and boom - just like that instead of making the standard part that cost $50 to make, they're quickly churning out an identical-looking part of less quality for only $10.

So yeah... if you don't think an overseas factory won't bother to set up manufacturing to counterfeit or make an inferior version of a part AND put in the same effort towards replicating branding and company markings... then you simply haven't seen what I've seen. (y)

P.S. I have a turn signal switch for you to buy that is "made the same" but cheaper, and it won't burn out your switchback LEDs.
...oh, wait. :unsure:

:D
You’re twisting yourself in knots to try and assert an item made on the same assembly line as “the real thing” is somehow inferior because it’s being sold out another door. But thank you for supporting my assertions “they’re all the same” AND “they’re all made the same”. BTW, the fact they’re packaged for Nissan strongly suggests they’re not counterfeit but excess, unsold inventory they’re unloading online, cynicism aside...agsin, if you’re gonna go through the trouble of counterfeiting packaging, you’re gonna use it in your marketing. They don’t. It was a shock to see how it was packaged.

Anyway, I’m sure half the guys here would prefer to pay 3x the price knowing Jimmy Bob at the Nissan counter touched the part...or, I could jack up the price on these and say they’re OEM! Yea, that’s it!

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Nah, they’re just excess parts they’re selling out the back door
You’re twisting yourself in knots to try and assert an item made on the same assembly line as “the real thing” is somehow inferior because it’s being sold out another door.
LOL sure buddy, continue arguing against things you said. :ROFLMAO: (y)

·
Registered
503 Posts
LOL sure buddy, continue arguing against things you said. :ROFLMAO: (y)
Where did I argue against anything I said? Dude, share what you’re smoking! ;-)

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Again- you’re not reading. I quit last year LOL

But seriously... have you seen the price of a pack of cigarettes these days?!? Aside from the health aspect (obviously), I can’t believe how much money I’ve saved on not having to spend on smokes. On top of that, due to the pandemic I’ve saved even more cash by not having to buy gas on a regular basis the last 4 months!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Again- you’re not reading. I quit last year LOL

But seriously... have you seen the price of a pack of cigarettes these days?!? Aside from the health aspect (obviously), I can’t believe how much money I’ve saved on not having to spend on smokes. On top of that, due to the pandemic I’ve saved even more cash by not having to buy gas on a regular basis the last 4 months!
When I quit smoking....cigarettes I was paying $8.....A CARTON. I used to smoke 2-1/2 packs a day. It would be a car payment to smoke that much now.

But I wasn’t referring to cigarettes....

·
Registered
503 Posts
When I quit smoking....cigarettes I was paying $8.....A CARTON. I used to smoke 2-1/2 packs a day. It would be a car payment to smoke that much now.

But I wasn’t referring to cigarettes....
Yes, my first car payment, for my first car, NEW, was $69 a month. 2-1/2 packs a day works out to around $600 a month nowadays.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes, my first car payment, for my first car, NEW, was $69 a month. 2-1/2 packs a day works out to around $600 a month nowadays.
And that was a 24 month car loan! With like $250 down.

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Smoking is bad, m'kay.
~ Mr Mackey

Reactions: RobFrisco415

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
I asked an airhead blonde if she smoked after sex...and she said she had never looked.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I asked an airhead blonde if she smoked after sex...and she said she had never looked.
Understandable, most people don’t know where the smoke is coming from.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts