Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I am just wondering if I am the only one that notices this or not. There are a ton of shows on SPEED that are constantly plugging Zmax. Basically if you vehicles is running bad, making noises or anything, just put some Zmax in it and it will be fixed.

Does anyone else find this to be a little like the Windex use in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
from what i heard z max is junk. i hear it actually hurts the engine more than it does good. them guys on tv are paid by zmax to say its good, z max sponsors the shows and they basically have to brag z max up. i was about to try it but i heard a lot of people talk negative about it so i stayed away from it.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just find it funny on how easily it is to buy someone off.

I also find it funny that they say it can fix almost anything. You know it can't but they say it can. At most, its a band-aid that will just cover the issue until it completely breaks/seizes.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
FTC Sues makers of zMax: Speedway Motorsports and Oil-Chem Subsidiary

"tests cited to support performance claims actually demonstrated that motor oil treated with zMax produced more than twice as much bearing corrosion than motor oil alone, and that the three different products - an engine additive, a fuel line additive and a transmission additive - were all actually tinted mineral oil"

**just noticed the date of the suit is back in 2001. Maybe the newer formula is improved.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still find it funny that even the guys on TruckU have their little Zmax quiz where the answer is always Zmax. No matter what the issue is, Zmax will come to the rescue.

It is just sad and to see people that constantly buy the stuff thinking it will solve all their problems.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
... Basically if you vehicles is running bad, making noises or anything, just put some Zmax in it and it will be fixed. ... Just a thought.
Ha! Yes, in fact the Zmax ads have become a running joke between my wife and I. When any Zmax ad surfaces, she'll say, " I don't know, but I'll bet Zmax will fix it." It must be good too against the common cold and rainy days at the beach. I think I saw this stuff on the shelf somewhere at $30 and choked.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
FTC Sues makers of zMax: Speedway Motorsports and Oil-Chem Subsidiary
**just noticed the date of the suit is back in 2001. Maybe the newer formula is improved.
NO...I get it free at work and are supposed to put in all Jaguars and preowned cars for service..When we first got it in 04 I put it in my Jaguar and promptly lost 2mpg on the freeway after the oil change before a long trip to St Louis. Then when I got back I changed the oil again leaving it out, and the mileage went right back up to 24mpg...When it got reformulated, I figured lets try again...Nope lost 2 mpg again!!! Drained the oil out and refilled with conventional....and again it went right back up.....We useally dump it in the oil drains..

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
I just find it funny on how easily it is to buy someone off.

I also find it funny that they say it can fix almost anything. You know it can't but they say it can. At most, its a band-aid that will just cover the issue until it completely breaks/seizes.
My thing is Carrol Shelby is endorsing this product which in my opinion. Is like fools gold for vehicles. It claims it'll help out with this & that. Then offers nothing.

As for Zmaxing the common cold. That would be a funny spoof.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts