Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Vendor
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm Spencer with Z1 Off-Road. I thought I would take a minute to post an informal back story about our team and what we do. We consider ourselves lucky to be involved in a business we're passionate about. Z1 Off-Road launched in 2019, we coordinated it with a special project built for SEMA the Titan Dually, it was a fun project we completed alongside the 370Z Time Attack Build from the Z1 Motorsports team. Though we only launched in 2019, our parent group Z1 Motorsports had been growing in the Nissan & Infiniti space since the year 2000. It's worth noting that internally we had bickered for years about venturing out into other parts of the Nissan space but wanted to do so in the right way to compliment +/- not conflict our motorsports group while putting our best foot forward for whatever we chose to do (did I mention it's a building full of passionate people), the SEMA project was just the catalyst we needed. Into the truck space we leapt! Should have done it years earlier.

We built a site in parallel with z1motorsports.com, and accounts share access to both stores (you can navigate between the webstores and pick up car and truck parts on a single ticket if you so desire). We've built our sites to be model focused, once you choose a model to set your cookie, we make the site focus catered and just for you. We do most everything in house: web development, front end design, warehouse management, distribution, product design, testing, service, tuning, sales, customer service, marketing & more.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

We focus our efforts to serve our customers as a one stop shop for most needs, you will find our catalog is the largest in the specialty segment filled with OEM, Aftermarket & our own growing line of products. We work to provide services and products that we believe in, and we test a large variety of products (sometimes we publish it like our popular Intake or Exhaust shootouts).

Hand tool Automotive tire Wood Metalworking hand tool Automotive exterior

On the customer front our goal is to provide the best experience in the industry with the fastest fulfilment time and best support. We want to establish lifelong relationships with our customers and to serve for years.

The Z1 engineering team works to steadily grow our catalog of in house products to offer the best performance, quality & value. They are a talented group and we're glad to have them doing what they do, here are some cool concept to reality shots.

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Font Technology Auto part Household hardware

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Bicycle part Automotive exhaust Ratchet Tool Auto part

Bicycle part Automotive lighting Camera accessory Automotive wheel system Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Tread

Table Wood Camera accessory Rectangle Bicycle part

And many more but I'm out of allowable images for this post :)

If you find yourself in the market for small or large parts on your truck we would love to earn your business and we invite you to check us out www.z1offroad.com. If you cannot find what you need just shoot us an email or give us a call, our team is happy to help.

· Premium Member
2012 CC "S" 4x4
1,300 Posts
I just installed your adjustable shackles in my 2nd gen and I must say the quality and fit are impressive(y)

· Registered
2016 Pro4-X (stock, except for appearance/usability mods - no lift)
25 Posts
Bought the speed cleats a while back. Love the size and weight of them. The only (minor) issue I have is getting them perfectly aligned so that the hooks fall straight down.

Reactions: [email protected]

· Registered
1,044 Posts
I have all your control arms and diff cover on my 370z, they’ve been problem free the last 4 years 😎

Feel free to add some 5 and 9 speed transmission pans, m226 diff covers and r180/m205 replacement poly bushings to the R&D discussions 👀.

Can you say if d40 or d41 skid plates are in our future seeing as some were developed for the 2016+ Titan?

· Vendor
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have all your control arms and diff cover on my 370z, they’ve been problem free the last 4 years 😎

Feel free to add some 5 and 9 speed transmission pans, m226 diff covers and r180/m205 replacement poly bushings to the R&D discussions 👀.

Can you say if d40 or d41 skid plates are in our future seeing as some were developed for the 2016+ Titan?
Thanks man, I can say a number of the things you mentioned are already on our project list and some are already in development.

· Vendor
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bought the speed cleats a while back. Love the size and weight of them. The only (minor) issue I have is getting them perfectly aligned so that the hooks fall straight down.
We get that feedback from time to time, the tolerance on channel thickness made it difficult to accommodate that with the design style we implemented. I've found that loose one half revolution so they fall flat hasn't caused me any problems, I haven't noticed any noise and they self align to the load of a strap easier. As long as the keys on the rail side of the faceplate are engaged you should be good to go from a load standpoint. I do feel you though, for me it was an OCD thing I had to come to terms with. If we crank them down super tight to get "square" I think it will kill the nylon washers at an accelerated rate and call for an earlier rebuild on the assembly to replace them. We could probably do a thicker rubber seat or washer instead but I think the sun will kill them quicker than the nylon ones. We're always trying to keep improvements in mind though so I do really appreciate the feedback.

· Registered
2016 Pro4-X (stock, except for appearance/usability mods - no lift)
25 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 12 of 12 Posts