Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was just wondering what you guys actually use your CB's for. dumb question...i know, it just seems that a bunch of ppl on here are installing them

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Yeah they are fun when your on the highway and you and your buddies cant talk with the cellphones. Plus they rock offroad.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
off roading and goofing off with my brother when we are in the same area

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
For wheeling and traffic jams.

It allows you to stay in contact with everyone in the group you are with. Comes in handy if someone falls behind, has a problem, or needs spotting.
^+1
My CB..
Communication, a process of transferring information from one entity to another.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
me and my buddy's use walkie talkie's for now...but are in the process of getting cb's after we get other things worked out

·
Registered
91 Posts
Going on long trips? Good way to communicate with truckers on where cops are hiding. Truckers know all.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Don't have one in the truck, but use mine on the bike regularly when I'm riding with a group.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Being a truck driver this is an easy one......"SOUTHBOUND YOU GOT EM' ON? WHATS THE 20 ON THE BEARS COME ON" or "HEY SWIFT!!!! WHY DONT YOU DRIVE THAT [email protected] THING LIKE YOU HAVE A PAIR OF F*CKING BALLS HANGING BETWEEN YOUR LEGS" sorry went a little far with that last one, but that was overheard in 80 in Wyoming one winter day.....

oh I also forgot......cathouses and lotlizards.....I LOVE NEVADA!!!!!

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Being a truck driver this is an easy one......"SOUTHBOUND YOU GOT EM' ON? WHATS THE 20 ON THE BEARS COME ON" or "HEY SWIFT!!!! WHY DONT YOU DRIVE THAT [email protected] THING LIKE YOU HAVE A PAIR OF F*CKING BALLS HANGING BETWEEN YOUR LEGS" sorry went a little far with that last one, but that was overheard in 80 in Wyoming one winter day.....

oh I also forgot......cathouses and lotlizards.....I LOVE NEVADA!!!!!
Had one guy make a mom joke at me after i called him a woosy for his comments. My mom got on the Cb radio and said "What you going to say now, this is his mom". Well it went very quite....:laugh:

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
True True. I love my radio. It worx miles before my radar goes off. and the PA is great for yelling at that ******* that wont get outta your way!!
I did that today to some guy who pulled in front of me and went 35 in a 55 and kept looking side to side pointing at stuff. I had been meaning to test the PA since I put it in.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did that today to some guy who pulled in front of me and went 35 in a 55 and kept looking side to side pointing at stuff. I had been meaning to test the PA since I put it in.
where did you mount your PA speaker man

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

That area. I will take a picture or two tomorrow if you want. It's pretty ghetto though, I didn't want to drill holes so I just used a bracket I had laying around in the garage and bolted it down with a bolt that was already there.
can you show me your whole setup man, im gunna get a midland with the pa soon off ebay

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Yeah, I will get some pictures in the morning. It isn't anything special, I just got it because my friend was getting rid of it and sold it to me cheap. It is the cobra radio you can get at walmart, a magnetic mount fiberglass antenna(not sure about the brand), and the PA from radio shack 4x6" 50-Watt Indoor/Outdoor Powerhorn - RadioShack.com

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i obviously use my cb for short range offroad communication, but on the way to the trails, i use it to piss off truckers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts