Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 991 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay it happens to everyone, you know it does. if your not getting stuck your not having enough fun.

so lets see some pics of your stuck moments!!!

ill start it off.

if only i had a nismo or just a locker, i coulda got out.

sorry for the fuzzy pictures my friends camera was a pos. the only clear one was my other friends camera lol.

so lets see your stuck moments!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I am not having enough fun because I haven't gotten stuck in the truck yet...:(

·
Registered
944 Posts
What the hell were you doing? A burn out in the sand?

BTW, don't have any of me stuck, but if you remember I flooded mine about a month ago!

Here

Attachments

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Hehe, I think that counts too...:)

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
This was from this weekend. The hole isnt too bad but there is one deep set of ruts I was trying to straddle when I slid over coming out and went in them. To put it in perspective a samurai tried it and his front bumper just hit the bottom of the ditch. I was doing good until I slid into the monstrous ruts and high centered like a mug. Pics dont do it justice, but all I was worried about at the time was gettin out. The ruts go straight down about 3 ft. w/ a slightly higher part in between that I was straddling til the end there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Who pulled you out?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Sweet, At least you were having fun and you had good company.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Yea my step rail bracket bent a little, but I bent it back and it looks normal. It moves a little when weight is put on it but Im not too worried about it. It'll just give me an excuse to get sliders if I cant bend it back anymore, lol. Its all in a good days fun.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Stuck

This was my cousin's '87 V6 SE with (I forget what size) aftermarket rims and mudders. Amazingly, we plowed my '87 4 cyl 2wd (bone stock) with bald tires through this very same "puddle" twice in a row just one month earlier, and we didn't get stuck. We were pulled out by a Ford F250 diesel.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh, had the passengers' side been underwater, the truck would still be there (computer) There was no damage to the truck, and we drove it home. The water made it up to the pedals in the cab. We later learned one of the locking hubs was not engaging.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
I haven't gotten mine stuck yet... Part of the reason is because there aren't many people in my area I know who wheel. I have several people around who take there 4wheelers out with me, but nobody to off road the truck with.

There is a spot comming out of a powerline trail that is extremely muddy, and I almost got stuck in last time i was there. It was pretty damn wet, and I started into it in 4wheel high, but was starting to sink. I quickly stoped, and went to 4wheel low, and was able to inch my way back out the way i came in... I want to give it a go so back, but i know that there is a very good change i will get stuck... especially with A/T tires... maby if I had some serious mudders on... But I have to try...

As soon as i get somebody brave enough to take there truck back there again, I'll go for it full speed ahead. Hopefully I can post up pics then...

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
bwarren228 said:
Yea my step rail bracket bent a little, but I bent it back and it looks normal. It moves a little when weight is put on it but Im not too worried about it. It'll just give me an excuse to get sliders if I cant bend it back anymore, lol. Its all in a good days fun.

Take those darn step rails off! Truck looks better without them!

BTW....Love this thread! Sure is fun seeing everyone else stuck!

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
man that looks like a mess jw! i don't have any off-roading pics cause i haven't been off-road yet, but my friend justin called me a while back when i had my ram and said "i'm stuck... in fact, it's safe to say i'm BEYOND stuck." so i went down to pull him out. his jeep has an 8 inch lift and 33 inch MT/R's. in the pic attatched you'll notice that his front driver tire is all the way down in a whole, and he was on three wheels in this pic...

i've also got another pic of a jeep YJ w/ a SOA sitting on 35 inch M/T Baja Claws stuck up to the top of the hood with nothing but the windshield and top sticking out somewhere but i can't find it now...

p.s. yes i snapped this shot and yes that's my friend justin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
lol! looks great guys this is deff a fun thread! nothing to be embarrassed about.

by the way reason i was stuck in the sand....
you cant really tell in the pics but there was 2 little hills. and i thought i could turn around well i backed up that hill and stuffed one rear tire and had the other off the ground. and being dumb i hamered it trying to get up the hill farther so i could turn ou and that buried the front wheelins half way in sand. then i was just screwed lol.

buy my friends frontier pulled me out with no struggle. it wasnt really stuck it was a simple matter of no traction and a locker was needed lol.

keep the pictures comming i love it!! ill track down the pics of my friends frontier stuck too!

alright here they are

over shot the rock and fell off it.

1 - 20 of 991 Posts