Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched to see if this was done before and I didn't find it. Money limits mods. If money was no object, what would you do? Here's mine...

First off, the v6 would go. I'd like a 350+hp v8. Fuel injected.
Solid front axle, probably Dana 60. That being said, trans, transfer case and rear diff would go. Dana 60 in the rear. Nothing too crazy on the suspension travel, 12" is fine. I'd put on front locking hubs. Then, I'd stretch the cab/frame. 1' front seats and 1' rear. I'm ok with the short bed length. I fantasize about Dave Kindig doing my interior. I'd like it to be a camping rig with a fridge in the cab. But with class. Lift wise, 6" is fine with some 35s. Super loud true dual exhaust, wide stance, fender flares, paint it white, royal blue stripes, fancy white wheels with blue accents, hood vents, and an awesome headache rack with lights.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
This is Titan and not a Frontier but you can get an idea of what I would want to do.
It's my friend's.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
3" aal rear, stock 6 cyl., 3" coil overs front (i believe id go King instead of radflo) bout it, nothing radical, nothing fancy. Not much.

I think my next truck will prolly be a Titan KC S 4x4 with back seat delete tho

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: AFguy05

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
my dream frontier would come with Shakira in the ready to say YES

·
Registered
934 Posts
17 Pro-4x CCSB with leather. Full OME suspension setup, 255/85R16 Toyo MTs, Skids and sliders, aluminum plate bumpers. Four wheel camper.

Pretty mild but I know I'd use it. Now if only I was motivated enough to spend $60k and make this happen.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd like to have a crew cab with the six foot bed, Titan swapped (engine and suspension)

I'd also like to have one with the drive train from a GTR swapped in for these jackasses that wanna race at every red light.

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
I'd also like to have one with the drive train from a GTR swapped in for these jackasses that wanna race at every red light.
Yep.
Nissan GTR NISMO
AWD
3.8 V6 twin turbo
600 hp
481 torque

Interesting that this aerodynamic supercar that weighs a hair over 3900 lbs achieves the same fuel economy as our Gen 2 V6 Frontiers...but with 339 EXTRA hp and 200 extra lbs/ft or torque.

Rides on 255/40-20 fronts & 285/35-20 on rears.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Titan swapped suspension and drive trane. True projector HID headlights. Stretched cab in the back seat area, about 6-8", 6' bed. Sunroof and roof rack. 6" lift with 35's. Power, heated towing mirrors. Rear electric locker. Steel plate bumpers with a rear swing out spare carrier. Top it off with a mat finish forest green or orange paint, maybe with some flat black vynil graffics.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you hotrod, that's what I was looking for. Some of us like to build our rig rather than buy it. I'd like to pull up to another frontier at a stoplight and give him the nod like, "yeah, i did that!" Then tear off with my v8 noise coming out the back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If money were no object...

The truck is my only vehicle and my daily driver. If money, and space, were not an issue I'd buy a car for regular driving, and build up the truck to be a good general purpose truck for a bit of offroad driving, towing loads like boats or travel trailers, and hauling.

Add ons:
Spare key and fob.
OEM fog lights
New head unit and console plate from Crutchfield, so I can use my smartphone and add a backup camera. The latter is great for backing up and putting on trailers.
OEM Nissan steering wheel audio controls.
Katzskin leather seat covers in a medium gray to go with the black interior.
Add Nissan's all-weather floor mats.
Bakflip G2 folding tonneau cover and integrated rack.
General Grabber All-Terrain tires to fit on the stock rims.
Skid-plates.
Class III trailer hitch, 7-pin connector, and trailer brake controller.
Cold Air Intake
Dual exhaust
Line-X the bumpers and lower several inches of the body to reduce risk of scratches, dents, and dings.
Cool license plate frames and one of those novelty front plates.

-Alvie

·
Registered
593 Posts
Pretty cool but I felt like I could have started the video, taken a nap, done my taxes, memorized the phonebook, and then come back to the video as the truck reached the apex. Man that's a low gear!!
lololololol

4000 to 1 BTW

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Pretty cool but I felt like I could have started the video, taken a nap, done my taxes, memorized the phonebook, and then come back to the video as the truck reached the apex. Man that's a low gear!!
lololololol

4000 to 1 BTW
Oh geez. If Chevy guys have a granny gear. What do you call that? A great, great, great, great, back to the birth of civilization gear? But hey, if that's your dream, we love you for it! Because God knows the number of hours I've spent drooling over 6x6's on govplanet.com

1 - 20 of 32 Posts