Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Frontier Owners! I'm very glad to be a part of a group where everyone shares a common passion--owning what is possibly the greatest (yeah!) truck made on earth. I own a 2002 Crew Cab V-6 4X4, just recently upgraded both my stock 15-inch tires and rims to 17-inch MB Motoring Razor Wheels and 245/65/R17 Yokohama Geolandar AT+II tires. After much deliberation for the tires (price-wise), I settled for the Yokohama's. I was also attracted to the 30-day ride guarantee keeping my options open just in case I felt something weird from the tires. Anyway, just wanted to get fellow members feedbacks and recommendations just in case I do decide to return these tires and opt for a new one. Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to be in a community who shares my passion. Long live Nissan Frontier Owners!!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I have no personal experience with the Yokohama Geolanders, and the only negative comment I've ever heard about them is that they tend to wear faster than some of the other off-road tires available. But, I have no idea how well that person maintained their truck either, i.e. maintaining proper air pressure, rotating and balancing at recommended intravels, etc. Other than that, everything else I've heard has been positive!

Post some pic of the new treads!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Re: YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR AT + II FEEDBACKS FOR THIS TIRE ANYON

RIGGS1220 said:
Hello fellow Frontier Owners! I'm very glad to be a part of a group where everyone shares a common passion--owning what is possibly the greatest (yeah!) truck made on earth. I own a 2002 Crew Cab V-6 4X4, just recently upgraded both my stock 15-inch tires and rims to 17-inch MB Motoring Razor Wheels and 245/65/R17 Yokohama Geolandar AT+II tires. After much deliberation for the tires (price-wise), I settled for the Yokohama's. I was also attracted to the 30-day ride guarantee keeping my options open just in case I felt something weird from the tires. Anyway, just wanted to get fellow members feedbacks and recommendations just in case I do decide to return these tires and opt for a new one. Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to be in a community who shares my passion. Long live Nissan Frontier Owners!!
i had them on my previous vehicle, a ford ranger. i didnt seem to mind them. i didnt do alot of offroading with it. mostly in town and highway miles with the ocational gravel road. my only complaint was the traction in snow. i wasnt all that impressed. although, it might have just been because the *** end of the rangers are so light. my dad has also had them. his were on a 02 f-250 powerstroke. he is a farmer/rancher and most of his driving is on gravel. they did not hold up at all. the gravel just ate them up. i bet he MAYBE had 12-15k on them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I upgraded to the Geolander AT+II's on my 2002 Honda CR-V. I needed a semi-aggressive all-terrain tire for lauching a Sea-Doo from a muddy bank of a lake and for running on muddy county roads. For this and the highway they have performed very well. Never been on rocks or into any serious off-roading (CR-V, of course, is not built for serious off-roading).

My only complaint has been the noise level. They started off very quiet but after about 15-20k miles they started getting loud. I have been fairly happy with the wear. I run a 5-tire rotation about every 5-7k miles. So far I have 50k on the tires and will probably get another 10k or better before I replace them.

I do not intend to buy the same tire again. We put Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's on our Tahoe and I really like them (but they're more expensive). I'll either go with them or the Firestone Destination AT's. At Tirerack.com the Revo's are rated #1 and the Destination AT's are 2nd. Both have better noise ratings than the Geolander's.

Of course, one typically doesn't worry about noise when buying something that has all-terrain tire that has an aggressive (or even semi-aggressive) tread.

Regards,

-Scope

1 - 4 of 4 Posts