Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2022 4X4 CC SV
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Frontier SV 4X4 with OEM wheels. Is there a wheel spacer size that that I can get that won't require modifying (ie removing air dam/mud guards) or at least very minimal modifying? Yes, I have done a search on here and have read every wheel spacer thread but i'm still confused. BORA will make any size you want. I want to at least move wheels out to even with fenders, don't know what spacer size that would require. Thanks for you help.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
No front spacers in the front of my truck. This is where the tire sat when it was Titan swapped.
Titan swap moves the tires out 3” per side.
Looks like 2” spacers would work or maybe 1.75”.
1.25” in the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I’ve got 1.5” Spidertrax. Stock 265/70/16. It required trimming the mud flap and fender. Did it the ProjectKiera way though and you can’t tell unless you look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
OK, I think I read thru every post on every thread on wheel spacers and if the answer to my question is there I can't find it, so here is my question.

I have a 2016 KC PRO 4X with stock wheels (16X7), stock tires (265 75 16), stock suspension (no lift), and stock mud flaps which I want to keep on.

If I am understanding what info I did find on a completely stock configuration you can add a 1.25 inch wheel spacer with no issues for a non PRO 4X with the 265 70 16 tire, but is anybody doing that with a PRO 4X stock 265 75 16 tire and if so are there any issue?

Thanks, UncleG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,185 Posts
OK, I think I read thru every post on every thread on wheel spacers and if the answer to my question is there I can't find it, so here is my question.

I have a 2016 KC PRO 4X with stock wheels (16X7), stock tires (265 75 16), stock suspension (no lift), and stock mud flaps which I want to keep on.

If I am understanding what info I did find on a completely stock configuration you can add a 1.25 inch wheel spacer with no issues for a non PRO 4X with the 265 70 16 tire, but is anybody doing that with a PRO 4X stock 265 75 16 tire and if so are there any issue?

Thanks, UncleG

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NI9G3YC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A23ID4AZTDBV78

Answer: It will rub.

OEM 16" wheels (Pro-4x, SV, etc.) are +30mm offset. If you put a 1.5" spacer you turn that into a -8 offset. You'll have to mod/melt/remove (pick one) the mud flaps and the front spoiler. Then if you choose to add a mild lift later, you'll have to mod again.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Answer: It will rub.

OEM 16" wheels (Pro-4x, SV, etc.) are +30mm offset. If you put a 1.5" spacer you turn that into a -8 offset. You'll have to mod/melt/remove (pick one) the mud flaps and the front spoiler. Then if you choose to add a mild lift later, you'll have to mod again.
Just posting to comment on the proper profile pic change Raine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,185 Posts
Raine, just read your response again, and your calculation is with a 1.5 spacer and yes when I was reading thru all the posts it was stated that a 1.5 inch spacer would cause issues but someone claimed they used a 1.25 spacer with the stock 265 70 16 tire and had no issues, not sure the .25 inch diff would make a difference, but if that is true my question was would a 1.25 inch spacer with a 265 75 16 tire then still work without mods? My guess is probably not as its a taller tire and we are only looking at a .25 inch difference.
LOL I was going to make a "well that 0.25" made a difference to her" joke, but nevermind

0.25" is about 7mm... but understand that not all 265/75-16's are the exact same diameter/height/width. You can get a tire to bulge out +/-10mm just by chainging tire pressure. Even if you were to specify what brand/model tire you have, it won't be exact. So to know for sure if you'll clear with a 1.25" spacer, you'll have to try it. This isn't one of those "please tell me exactly yes or no" type things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts