Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i guess i entertained people with my storys with the new frontier i got.... they asked for more, well here it is.... this should be good....

so i put that nice dent in my brand new truck.... well its comming time to fix it but im not going too.......

instead the whole thing is getting RHINO LINED! going to make this truck solid as welll...a. rhino lol. no more dents, no more scratches. i can slide into all the trees i feel like and not give a damn :D the nice this is ill save money because the way the dent is, i can basically bang on the bed untill its half way straight, and the cab dents are so small u dont even notice them, so the rhino liner will fill in all the holes and you will never know the difference, its actually saving time money and work.

to go with the rhino liner, i just bought the 3" body lift from 4x4parts.com so that will be installed the same time and im also looking for some black rims, les schwab has some comming in for me, but we dont know if they are going to fit. he said there is a chance, but its not for sure. but in the mean time im going to paint the stock nismo rims black.

so thats whats coming, ill try to get some pictures a s#!t along the way. cant wait to put this bad boy in the shop :D

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Won't rhino lining your truck make it all rough and stuff? And what color?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
really? do you think this is the best way to treat a brand new truck? you've got some brass ones my friend. please take pictures.

·
Registered
145 Posts
sorry for being such a NUB buh wats a rhino line?

·
Registered
166 Posts
That would definitly make it look tough, but what about door jams, tailgate jams, under the hood, etc. That Rino Lining is thick if you sprayed it inside the door jams I don't know if you would be able to shut it.

How much is it going to cost to Rino Line your whole truck?

If you do it I want to see a picture.

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
I ask the same questions everyone else is....... What areas will you be putting the liner on? If I remember right you have a silver truck. Will you use the silver color liner or something else? Finally you gotta post pics cuz I gotta see this!!

Like SD_Frontier said you got brass ones for doin this to a brand new truck. If you do go through with this it will most likely never come off the truck and if it does it will take the paint with it. Also it is going to weigh the truck down by quite a bit, if you do the whole thing. It will be unique but just not something I would to to my truck that is less than a month old. Just my $.02!! Good Luck!

·
Registered
361 Posts
How much will all that weigh??

·
Registered
171 Posts
That Rhino Liner will come off, its the worst bedliner stuff out their, fix the dent and go buy a ATV(4-wheeler) for mudin, I cant imagine getting my truck tore-up, just the though of mud on my truck makes my stomach queezy.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Don't listen to all the Nay Sayers

Go for it. It will be Bad a#@. You didnt buy a parking lot princess, you bought a righteous off roading machine. With all the mudding and trail riding you do that will be the best thing for it.
you don't want to be constantly worrying about your paint finish.

I Stand 100% behind your position.

·
Banned
410 Posts
06NissFront6-spSE said:
That Rhino Liner will come off, its the worst bedliner stuff out their, fix the dent and go buy a ATV(4-wheeler) for mudin, I cant imagine getting my truck tore-up, just the though of mud on my truck makes my stomach queezy.
first off, WHAT THE F&*K ARE YOU SMOKING? rhino lining is the best s#!t out there. ive never heard of a problem with it. its deff TUFF! and a truck was made for this. its made for being off the road and owning all that cars cant. please drop your keys and back away from your offroad vehical, its being confiscated and taking to a mud pit to be released to its natural habitat, lol :lol:

now to answwer the rest of the questions....

jayp, yes it will be ruff i personally think its a very cool effect. im going to have my texture bigger than normal because i like the look, it kinda looks like its always wet and shinny from a distance.

SD frontier. i bough a TRUCK, i didnt buy a honda civic to keep all nice and pretty on the street. i use my truck for what it was made for. so in my eyes yes this is the best way to treat it because it will keep it in the best shape it can be. (dent free) lol.

gogoboi, rhino lining is a spray in bed liner.

Bighert3rd, yes it is thick, it doesnt go in the door jams, just on the out sides. i wont put it on the chrome bumpers, or the handles mirros things like that. bascially just the truck body its self. its going to cost about 2500 to have my dent fixed, truck rhinolined, and bodylift installed but insurence will pay for most of that, i think i have to put out like 500 bucks. 8)

StormNISMO, yes my truck is silver, and i will be painting the liner silver again. so my truck will stay silver. it wont take the paint off because you take the paint off to start with, the liner is sprayed on the bare metal. as i said before basically every where except the grill, bumpers, handles, mirrors, things like that. its deff unique and yes it does weigh the truck down a lot. im not sure exact weight, but i will be for sure finding out!

outlnder, to be continued..... lol

kansasfrontier, THANK YOU! lol

and trust me, i will for sure have pictures!! ive takin a few before pictures and ill deff have some after... im just waiting on insurence right now and for my body lift to get here. once i get my check and body lift it will be heading for the shop... id say no more than a month at very MAX hopfully.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Speedliner is far better, read reviews before using Rhino crap, Ive did my reseach and definitely know what Iam talking about. Speedliner cost more, but you get what you pay for. Goodluck with the project, gotta go shine and drive my ride.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well, it'll be something you don't see everyday. Definitely take the paranoia out of going off the beaten path.

1. I'm curious as to the amount of weight increase. We'll have to wait for that answer.

2. What would happen of you dented the hood for example? Normally the metal would dent in creating a concave deformation. If it's lined, will the liner material bend and deform in the shape of the dent or will it crack in places because it is hard and not made to be flexible?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I own a Nismo 4x4 but never had the balls to use it to it's full extent. I'm glad to see somone else who does!! I think it's a hell of a plan and if nothing else, I'd love to see the pictures of it!! (Heck, it might even deflect radar and sh#t too!!) LOL!!

Who said normal is a good thing?

·
Registered
361 Posts
A truck is a work vehicle. It is made to do tough work and get the scares from that work. I decided when I bought mine that it is not a pretty little thing to be pampered and shined every weekend. I've had my truck since last November and haven't washed it yet. Probably won't until after summer.

A Rhino liner all over is a bit radical, but very unique. I applaude anyone who has the intestinal fortitude to do it.

So, Frontin, do what you gotta do man. I admire your gumption.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
06NissFront6-spSE said:
Speedliner is far better, read reviews before using Rhino crap, Ive did my reseach and definitely know what Iam talking about. Speedliner cost more, but you get what you pay for. Goodluck with the project, gotta go shine and drive my ride.
okay well i guess our opinions vary dont they, rhino doesnt become the leader in spray in bedliners for no reason. ill stick with rhino if nothing else for the name.... rhino is a lot cooler name than speed. lol

i think ill run into the body shop today and see how much its going to weigh my truck down. cant wait to get this crap done!!

as for the body lift, 4x4parts still says my order is pending. who knows if they update that or not. i know ive had things arrive before and the website still said pending. so who knows. i bought it friday the 17th, so hopefully it ships soon!

also did a little bit of wheelin today, ended up almost tipping my truck over haha, had the back wheel off the ground about 4-5 inches, it was pretty sweet, as soon as my camera charges, ill upload the pic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
it's not going to prevent dents. Dings maybe. Coming from someone who's had something drastically modified for offroading I reccomend against it. It's your truck and I hope it works out well, but I really think you're going to regret it. Even with the small lift you've got, a NISMO isn't built for offroading. It's a great truck, I have one. I get the impression that you're new to offroading somewhat, I highly reccomend you do it some more before making such a drastic unreversable decision.

Best of luck at any rate man.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I agree with Bauer and some of the others' concerns as well. However, it sounds like you are really into this and are going for it anyway. If you end up not liking it, you could always jump it off a canyon and buy a new one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
chargedup05 said:
I agree with Bauer and some of the others' concerns as well. However, it sounds like you are really into this and are going for it anyway. If you end up not liking it, you could always jump it off a canyon and buy a new one.
yeah I know how it is. Once you've made up your mind, that's all she wrote.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
uhh the spray in bed liners are made to prevent dings and dents in your truck bed, so actually yes it does help stop dents. its not saying its never going to gget a dent again, but it can help stop them. and its possible to take off, but yes very hard, but 2 of my buddys have done this already and i absolutly love it, they have had nothing but positive.
as for new to offroading, not even close. yes im not a hard core rock crawler or anything like that, but im not a total n00b.

now actually the nismo was built for offroad. maybe not some hard core rock crawling or anything but it doesnt come with a locker and blisten shocks for no reason. and it kicks *** offroad, it slings mud like crazy lol. i have tons of pics but they wont upload to cardomain, ill deal with it later ,im off to work.

my insurence called me today, i forgot to call them back lol. so ill do that tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts