Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so tomorrow i have to get my tires alined and i was going to stop by the muffler shop. i was talking to josh and i was wondering i have a super 40 flowmaster but didnt replace any piping...i was thinking of getting bigger piping and Y-pipe installed from the cats to the muffler. how is that going to effect the sound of the truck? deeper, gurgle more??

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
probably both. but with the 40....it will definitely be louder if you open the pipes up. i think the ideal catback setup for 4.0 is true duals to a flowmaster 2 in 1 out muffler.

that seems to yield the most gains from the reviews of the members that have that setup

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i went to marco muffler and got a price quote for a Y-pipe and pipe from the cat to the muffler and they were going to charge me $250. $70 for the Y-pipe and $180 for the labor and the little bit of Pipe. i told them to get f(cked!:thatswck:

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Thats actually not too bad, around here 350 for that with a muffler.

·
Registered
227 Posts
you know rich i was thinking when i do flowmaster im going to get 2 in and 1 out snd just eliminate the Y pipe altogether! but you should deff open up the Y pipe

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you know rich i was thinking when i do flowmaster im going to get 2 in and 1 out snd just eliminate the Y pipe altogether! but you should deff open up the Y pipe
thats a good call. all bigger pipe from the catback right? i am making a custom Y pipe tomorrow if i can get my dad to weld it for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts