Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
'17 CC 4x4 SV LB V.T. Pkg.
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in purchasing an XTP IMS. Anyone else interested in purchasing one for their Frontier? Does anyone know how to establish a group buy?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I was entertaining the thought of getting one of those awhile back but was never really able to verify that they did enough to justify buying one.

Reactions: ssundet and Pacer6

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I was entertaining the thought of getting one of those awhile back but was never really able to verify that they did enough to justify buying one.
They do, but not $245.00 worth of justify. I'd probably go $180.00-ish if available in a reasonable lead time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They do, but not $245.00 worth of justify. I'd probably go $180.00-ish if available in a reasonable lead time.
I agree. I'm not interested in purchasing one for the regular price. I would definitely consider buying if we (the group) could get it closer to the price you mentioned.

Is there a forum member here who is affiliated with XTP that we could see about getting a group buy organized?

·
Premium Member
6,461 Posts
I got mine on a "black Friday" group buy. I do agree it's worth it (to me) at that price, not so much the full price. It is a legit product, does help your low and midrange power. Really helps that 40-45 mph slight uphill engine lugging the truck does. I don't hit the OD off button as much after installing.

The XTP guy is active on FB, he randomly does a "group buy" when there is enough activity asking about. I think I waited a couple of weeks for mine to ship.

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
I believe I paid the Group Buy price of $215 when I got mine for my 06 Pathfinder. I will say out of a number of performance mods, including to the air intake and exhaust, the only things I did that made a noticeable difference were the XTP plenum spacer and a Superchips tuner (which only works up to 2010, if I'm not mistaken). There is another benefit to installing the spacer: it makes it MUCH easier to change the #1 and #3 coil packs and spark plugs without removing the upper plenum!

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm still stuck in indecision on it. If it were around $100-125 I'd probably do it. Cuz that seems a more reasonable price for a flat piece of aluminum with some holes in it. Otherwise, going by their claimed max gains of only 23hp in a short rpm window that I rarely see just it's not worth the $215-245. If I considered the claimed overall 8hp gain then it's nowhere even near worth it.

Maybe I'll consider it when it's time to change spark plugs cuz that seems to be one of the biggest benefit of it.

Reactions: ssundet

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm still stuck in indecision on it. If it were around $100-125 I'd probably do it. Cuz that seems a more reasonable price for a flat piece of aluminum with some holes in it. Otherwise, going by their claimed max gains of only 23hp in a short rpm window that I rarely see just it's not worth the $215-245. If I considered the claimed overall 8hp gain then it's nowhere even near worth it.

Maybe I'll consider it when it's time to change spark plugs cuz that seems to be one of the biggest benefit of it.
I see your point and agree that it is quite expensive for what it is. I find the dyno on the website a little difficult to decipher.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Paid full price for the one I got and am more than happy with it.... the torque increase/shift down low is main reason why I got it...it's noticeable and engine doesn't have to work as hard to gently accelerate, almost like being down in a lower gear. 6th gear actually tows well when hauling ~5k lb load and not too hilly. Also got it for easier serviceability/work down the line for anything ignition related... installed new spark plugs at same time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Paid full price for the one I got and am more than happy with it.... the torque increase/shift down low is main reason why I got it...it's noticeable and engine doesn't have to work as hard to gently accelerate, almost like being down in a lower gear. 6th gear actually tows well when hauling ~5k lb load and not too hilly. Also got it for easier serviceability/work down the line for anything ignition related... installed new spark plugs at same time.
Thanks for sharing. My Frontier is an automatic but I suppose the spacer would affect the 5th gear much the same as the 6th. I live in the hills of southwestern PA, more torque is what would benefit me the most.

·
Premium Member
6,461 Posts

I've said this many times. Not to knock a guy's price point, but, I'm still happy I got mine on a black Friday price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm interested in purchasing an XTP IMS. Anyone else interested in purchasing one for their Frontier? Does anyone know how to establish a group buy?
I contacted the guy from XTP about a month ago and he said the next group buy would likely be sometime around July 4. I’m interested if we can get one at the group buy price.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm game!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I contacted the guy from XTP about a month ago and he said the next group buy would likely be sometime around July 4. I’m interested if we can get one at the group buy price.
Thanks for emailing him. Did he mention how much the group cost would be including shipping?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts