Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Xterra seats in a Frontier

25K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  DESERT SE 
#1 ·
Will like year xterra seats fit my 2000 frontier. I'm talking same frame/track bolt pattern. Bucket seats.

#3 ·
yeah peewee did it im sure you can find the thread

#4 ·
yeah they will fit.i had the 60/40 bench in a 99frontier and got some 01 xterra in mine. gottem on ebay for 150- they are so much more comfortable. took maybe 20 minutes to take the old ones out and put the new ones in- direct bolt in. the only prob i had was that the seat belt doesnt match up. so after i took out the the seat belt connector(not sure what its called- the big orange button haha), i had to put them back in. the xterra came with the connector already in the seat but they dont click to the frontiers male end of seat belt. i got the idea from peewee- you should check out his build. i will hopefully have pics soon, but my daughter broke my camera as of now- should be fixed soon- you will enjoy them- i had to build an armrest- so while i was at it i went ahead and put a 6x9 in there. will get pics soon

#5 ·
Thanks Guys, my plan is to modify a set of leather Altima seats I bought and modify the tracks to fit. The drivers side is power so I am going to try and use power tracks from a Pathfinder and Xterra tracks for the passenger side. Even if the tracks don't match up to the seat bottoms I think I could use the legs and modify the the Altima tracks. I know the the drivers seat won't tilt forward but that is not an issue for me. I'm hoping that having a power drivers seat will help make it a little more comfortable for my long legs. If any one has any insight on this let me know.

#6 · (Edited)
Yes, they fit with the only extra step being to cut a couple of tiny holes in the carpet. If you could find pwer seats from an xterra or frontier it would be much easier, but since you have the altima seats already, you might as well give those a try. The threaded bolt holes are already there for the xterra and frontier bucket seats, so you may want to locate them and take measurements for when you are rigging up the altima seats. I am not sure but I highly doubt the wiring for power seats is already there on our trucks, so that may be something else to think about when you decide what you want to do.

Here is the thread I made before I did the swap. There is some more info in there if you want it.

#9 ·
I'm not sure what you are trying to say stillookin? I have bucket seats in my 2000 frontier se and want to replace them with bucket seats from an Altima. My idea is that if bucket seats from an Xterra or a pathfinder of a like year are direct bolt ins then I should be able to take some tracks with the legs from those vehicles and modify them to fit the Altima seats to make them fit.

#12 ·
Long legs + long trip = knee and azz cramps. All I wanted to do was move the driver's seat back about an inch...well and cover both with leather. I pulled out the driver's side and studied the rail system but couldn't see any easy way to modify it for length of throw without cutting and welding the foot brackets. I'd still like to find a leather seat but they are rare. Any help?

#13 ·
I got the Altima seats on Ebay. The guy had a best offer posted and I offered $90 and got them. The seats have no tears and other than a little wrinkle wear on the drivers lumbar they are in perfect condition. Think I got a great deal for leather seats.

I will post pics as I go. I am going to get the tracks I need ordered today. Going to get an Xterra passenger seat track and a power pathfinder seat track for the drivers side. Even if the sliders don't match up I can cut the legs off and bolt them to the Altima rails.

#14 ·
the mounting feet are probably not goin to work , they mount different in each vehicle
you need to get the mounting feet for the same year truck you have and put those feel on the altima seats
its easiest to just swap the sliders over with the feet still mounted , but you have to make sure the distance between the rails is the same otherwise when you go to put the altima seats in they may not line up with the mounting holes

#15 ·
It is my understanding that the Xterra and the Pathfinder seats are plug and play(like year) so the feet should be the same. I figured if I get the tracks as an assembly even if I can't use the rails the feet will work. If I'm headed down the wrong road let me know. I was going to use the feet off my existing seats but I want to keep them complete so I can sell them when I get done.

#19 ·
Got my seats installed this weekend. So much nicer! The passenger side was very simple I took the altima seat tracks off by unbolting them from the seat bottom and two each bolts on the seat back. The xterra seat track has the exact same set up and it bolted right up to the seat.

The drivers seat is a work in progress but it is installed. I drilled off the seat track feet on the altima outside track. Basically this is just one big rivet and a couple of spot welds holding them on. I drilled out the rivet and then just chiseled through the spot welds.

Because the outboard track sits lower than the inside track, I unbolted the track from the xterra seat picked up the holes that were left when I drilled the feet off the altima seat and bolted it onto the top of the existing altima track. I had to put a couple of small spacers between the tracks to make up for a bracket used to adjust the altima tack. Once I got it bolted in I adjusted the new track to where it should be when installed in the truck and then cut off the manual seat adjuster.I still need to modify the inside seat track. I put a block in under the inside rear track (not permenant) and the front inside lined up. This is probably hard to picture but when I get it all done I will post the pictures in detail.

The seat sits about an inch higher than the stock seat so I only have about an inch and a half head clearance but I can stretch my long 36 inch legs all the way out.

I will post some pictures when I have everything complete.

In anycase this is what I did 99 Altima Leather seats(power drivers side) with 00 xterra seat tracks modified to fit my 2000 frontier. Cost me about $200 total. Yuou could probably do this cheaper. I got all my parts from the east coast and I live on the west cost.

#21 ·
I did not take pictures yet but I am going to pull the drivers seat back out and finish it the way I want so I will take pictures as I put it back together. The passenger side seat is pretty much straight forward. Unbolt the tracks from both the Xterra and Altima seat bottom and back and rebolt the Xterra tracks to the Altima seat bottom and back. I can take pictures of this if needed.

The Pathfinder seats did not work out. The foot set up front to rear is not the same. The Xterra tracks are the way to go.

Not sure if the Xterra came with power leather seats but that would be the best way to go. Even at that this was a very simple modification and I am very happy with it. Basically I was looking to get a little more leg room/comfort and this did it.

#23 ·
The power seat is what made it a lot more comfortable. You can adjust it so the front part of the seat botom cushion suppots the back of you knees and I think the seat actually is set back a little further. When I sit it now my knees are not all cramped up. Plus you get the advantage of the lumbar support and I think the Altima seats are more comfortable in general than the frontier seats.

I got the Xterra seat tracks on Ebay. $35 each plus shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.