Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I'm in the process of buying a 2016 SV 4x4 and I have a friend who has a 2015 Xterra Pro-4x that he put an OME suspension on. He has offered the stock suspension to me for free, but I haven't found any confirmation it will work. Are the front coils the same size?

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
The front is the same, the rear is not. The rear leafs are a different length on the X.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I wouldn't swap the front coil overs. If you have no interset in lifting.

If you are planning on lifting with stock type set up. the pro4x springs are a little beefier and would be worth using those.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I sold the stock PRO4X C/Os from my X to someone who installed them on a Frontier and they worked perfectly. They are about 1" taller than the stock SV C/Os and the Bilstien shocks are higher quality than the stock units that come on an SV. The rear shocks from an X will not work on a Frontier as they are 1" shorter and the rear springs, as Nomad has said, are not the same length as the Frontier springs.

This would be a great way to just about 'level' your new truck and since they are FREE, I say go for it. You will need an alignment after the swap.

·
Registered
544 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts