Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking at a replacement vehicle for my wife Tiguan. Started looking at Xterra Pro4x's and have found a few good manual options.When I bought my 2015 Frontier Pro4X Crew Cab, I was unable to get a manual option. Does anyone know enough about the Xterra vs Frontier to say if we could swap the transmissions between the two vehicles. The Xterra we are looking at is a 2015 as well. Pedals computers and centre console?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
If you move the engine, ecu, transmission, possibly parts of the gauges in the dash you should be ok but just the transmissions, not likely. Your gauges will be wanting to show you that you are in drive on the automatic, the manual does not show that. You will need the clutch switch to show it is depressed when starting, etc. So yes, changing it all is your best bet to not have to figure out issues. It would be a fun project if you have the time and I would like to do the same as I want a crew cab 6 speed which they do not make any more.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it might work. Switching the parts around it not an issue, just want it to look and act factory after, so more the consoles and dash would be the big concern Could possibly grab consoles out of wrecked options if they do not transfer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts