Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know that the torsion bars are compatible between the two but what about aftermarket UCAs, shocks and steering components?? I have seen them labeled with different part numbers but from what I can tell its all the same. What's the deal?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
This is one that may or may not be compatable is the sway bar. I think the sway bar for the SE and SC Frontiers are thicker. Now this may not hinder your build if you get all the parts from an xterra.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
same, dunno about the sway bar thing

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
all the same for the front 99-04
98****

This is one that may or may not be compatable is the sway bar. I think the sway bar for the SE and SC Frontiers are thicker. Now this may not hinder your build if you get all the parts from an xterra.
only different t-bars are on 2wd frontiers

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Also different components between 4cyls and 6cyls on 1st gen.

Don't mean to thread jack but how many 4cyl Xterras have you guys seen? I have only ever seen one in person.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also different components between 4cyls and 6cyls on 1st gen.

Don't mean to thread jack but how many 4cyl Xterras have you guys seen? I have only ever seen one in person.
I have never seen one. Didn't even know they made them.

Thanks for the info everyone. Now I can stalk the Xterra boards.

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
I have never seen one. Didn't even know they made them.

Thanks for the info everyone. Now I can stalk the Xterra boards.
They do.... very rare from the looks of it.
If your over on ClubX im "DannyRobot" over there.

Also, why are you looking for X-terra components anyway if its the same apples and bananas?

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
I am looking for a lift so if I can find one for an Xterra I can put it on my Frontier.
Definitively, double your chances to find something. I'll send you some pics of something I'm working on later.

·
Registered
515 Posts
1st gen xterra= leaf under

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
2WD Frontiers are spring under aswell.... and if you were to find a set shackles they will have the same effect on your 4by as an SUA Xterra

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have a set of 1" longer than stock SLR shackles if you're interested

1 - 18 of 18 Posts