Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so iv made up my mind on gettn some xd matte black addict series rims in 20's for my truck. just a quick question on tire sizes. i was wondering if on a stock ride height with no lift on a nismo if 285/50/20 will fit?? and also if those DO fit, well i need to get my tires calibraited with the speed sensor??

·
Registered
40 Posts
overall dimensions of the tire work out to 31.22"x11.22". Stock 265/70's work out to 30.6"x10.43". I would say the only thing to cause you problems will be the offset of the Addicts, if they stick out more than stocks you may rub when you turn the wheel. At less than an inch of height difference, i see no reason to recalibrate speed.

·
Registered
572 Posts
no i dont think it will. i had the same size tires with my calmini lift and didnt clear those i had to trim a little

·
Registered
487 Posts
20's on a 4x4 minitruck will cause more problems offroading....you wont have enough sidewall to air down. i was planning on going to 18s but everyone i know told me i'd be making a big mistake for that same reason, i can only imagine the 20's would have even less ability to air down

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya well i wanted 20's but i also wanted a little bit of a beefy tire at least to make it look semi-offroadish. cuz i didnt want street tires so it looks like a lowered truck. but i no i want those rims so do you all think i should get 18's instead??

·
Registered
40 Posts
id prefer an 18 over a 20, but it's your truck and it depends on what you want to do with it. I think 18" addicts with a pretty agressive 285/60 tire would look good. That will give you an overall height of 31.5", and give you a little over an inch more sidewall height than the 285/50/20's. either combo will likely rub due to the offset.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
don't go any bigger then 18's.

·
Registered
240 Posts
wanna see pics, I just ordered the black Addicts in a 17. Having trouble choosing between Cooper STT and AT/Ko for the meats though

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
wanna see pics, I just ordered the black Addicts in a 17. Having trouble choosing between Cooper STT and AT/Ko for the meats though
I have the Addicts in 17 with BFG AT's. I love them, but they are a HEAVY A$$ combo. domoMKIV is the reason I got mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts