Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thats right! Im selling my truck so I would rather someone on here have a locking rear axle instead of the new owner that prob wouldnt know what to do with it...

It was fully rebuilt before I installed it just mere months ago...If your new, just search m226 swap and you will find my build progress on it (nevermind - here it is http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f62/pro2x-m226-swap-part-ii-42878/ ) I spent way too much time and money on this, but since its done, you will have the easy way of m226 swapping!

This rear axle is a oem nissan m226 w/ elocker. I also installed 3.54 gears in it to help with bigger tires...I can't quite remember exactly but I want to say Im at about 2500rpm @ 70 or so. It also has a mag hytec diff seal w/ a titan alum finned diff cover.

It does not matter if you have a xe,se,le, 2wd or 4wd (front diff must be 3.54 if your 4wd), this will work...If your 2wd and you have the 6 bolt pattern driveshaft, you can have my custom driveshaft to make it fit. I spent over $2500 on the rear axle and driveshaft.

Im asking for trade and cash (not nearly as much as I have spent on it) and would like to me somewhat local to do swap.

PM me with more details. (location is Montgomery, AL)

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
:comphead:if only i was closer some one will get a heck of a deal:comphead::comphead:

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
i'd like to have it, but im 4wd with 3.36 in the front

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
ttt...I know someone wants to do a m226 swap!
You're right. I want to do a m226 swap, you're even on the right side of the country too. Just can't right now (not enough $$$). Thanks for the deal on the grill though.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
You're right. I want to do a m226 swap, you're even on the right side of the country too. Just can't right now (not enough $$$). Thanks for the deal on the grill though.
Did you see him asking for money? its a TRADE deal.... And this is probably the best deal I have EVER seen on CF...

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Im asking for trade and cash (not nearly as much as I have spent on it) and would like to me somewhat local to do swap.
Did you see him asking for money? its a TRADE deal.... And this is probably the best deal I have EVER seen on CF...
Trade + cash + gas to get to Montgomery, AL = more than I can spend right now unfortunately. It's a amazing deal, but I got to buy tires here in the next few months so I gotta start saving for that.

And... just for the hell of it, how much cash we talking about here?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trade + cash + gas to get to Montgomery, AL = more than I can spend right now unfortunately. It's a amazing deal, but I got to buy tires here in the next few months so I gotta start saving for that.

And... just for the hell of it, how much cash we talking about here?
Well, since I want to sell my truck asap, I would take $600 + your c200...I will even do the swap if you dont have the tools or know how...

·
Registered
11 Posts
would this work for an xterra as well ? i am very interested and willing to make to 10hr. trip but i also don't have the locker could you wire that too?

·
Registered
36 Posts
PM Sent

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
would this work for an xterra as well ? i am very interested and willing to make to 10hr. trip but i also don't have the locker could you wire that too?

Xterra's are different...Yall are SUA(spring under axle) and Frontiers are SOA(spring over axle).

I got it...I will be calling you soon.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sold to Marine1. Got a deal but thats what CF is about...

Sold the m226 w/ titan cover, mag hytec diff deal,3.54 gears, freshly rebuilt, custom driveshaft, installed it for him, and hooked up locker for $800!

Call me Bobby if you need anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah man, Thanks for the deal and all the great info....Since I am new to the Frontier scene....We went out and tested out the locker Yesterday....I LOVE IT!!! It does everything i am going to need it to do and more....Put my brushguard on today and got my ECU re-shot....Love the gears, I forgot how much power i lost with the bigger tires

Oh yeah, I won my fight too....It was a great weekend for me!!
:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts