Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for rock sliders for a 2006 Crewcab with minimal damage, paint scrapes are no problem but bends and large dents are. I'm looking at the used market before I try to get some sliders from NXRocks when GoneMOAB is over.

If you have a set please PM or email me at [email protected], I would like to know:

-Type,
-how long you've had them on for,
-how many hard hits they have taken
-if you still have all the origional hardware,
-photos if you have any

Thanks in advance! All offers will be welcomed, whether they're brand name or home made. I'm looking to get them on at least by the end of the summer, as I'm away from home providing medical support in Ontario for the G8/G20 summit for a month or so.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
These are prolly cheaper then what you'll find in the used department, and there brand new. The only thing that sucks is that you have to weld the mount bracket to the slider. (lol, I bought these, and after reading the NXrocks thread, they looked just like what I bought, and I thought they were NXrocks. Whoops! lol)

I know it says they are for a toyota, but a lot of ppl here have used them on there nissan. They are the same size and leanth that Nissan sliders are.

Toyota, Suzuki Samurai, and Jeep Off Road Parts

I know its not exactly what you are looking for... But I was looking for the same thing as you... and once a member here showed them to me on there truck.. and for the price... I got a set.

Just throwing out another option for you, thats all.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they're great for the price when compared to the $420 shrockworks, what length did you go with to properly cover your crewcab body? I'd go and measure myself but my truck is about 2000 miles back in AB being used by my sister to buy groceries

Not that I'm commited to buying these right now, I'm still open to all offers, I'd first throw some cash the way of a fellow frontier owner before putting it into the coffers of a company

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I got the 78 inchers. They are the same leanth as ones made specificly for our truck. You will also need the brackets. They are $25 on top of the slider price.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So its probably a bad idea to get the pre-assembled Taco versions then, yes?

Oh yeah, and so you're also saying that the 78 inch kit has 8 legs total? Just wanna be sure

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,030 Posts
i got the trail gear sliders when they were on sale for $99. add $100 to ship to canada, plus trail gear only uses ups, so add a $50 brokerage fee. you now have $250 into them and still need to fab them up. if you are custom mounting, then skip their brackets and make your own. i ended up bolting mine on, including welding some nuts into my frame in areas that i couldnt get a nut on the backside of the frame - like the gas tank.

$420 for said and done sliders isn't so bad if you can't do your own fab work.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah those look great, exactly what I'd want

Think i'd just gonna get the mounting brackets and get someone to weld it all on

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,030 Posts
i would add rock guard to them before mounting. i have just been spray bombing them and they rust up quickly. i need to sand them down and then rock guard or linex them

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah its gonna be Line-X or similar for absolute certain, not only looks good, protects them, but is conveniently grippy for using them as step bars as well

Sold my old step bars to a guy for 100 CAD, think that was a fair deal?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
how much are you looking to spend?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BUMP still looking

1 - 12 of 12 Posts