Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nismo has discontinued the Bilstein Nismo shocks for the 1st Gen Xterra. I think the same shock kit for the 1st Gen Frontier will work. Anyone know a source of supply?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
its not a "nismo" shock, its just a bilstein shock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, as I said it is a Bilstein shock made to Nismo specs. I'm going with a Nismo build of my Xterra starting with the catback exhaust currently sitting in my garage waiting to be installed.

I called Bilstein and they said they still have them in stock but will not be making more unless Nismo orders them. Scott, I will PM you with the particulars to see if you can order them.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I called Bilstein and they said they still have them in stock but will not be making more unless Nismo orders them. Scott, I will PM you with the particulars to see if you can order them.
I don't understand this...if they have them in stock, why can't they sell them to you?? Unfortunately I am not Nismo, and don't have the authority to do this. Buy the ones off their shelf and I'll sell you some Nismo Stickers.

Scott

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, this is a head scratcher all the way around. Bilstein can't sell directly to the public and told me I would have to order through Nismo. I guess there is no way to order something that says discontinued in the Nissan system?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yeah, this is a head scratcher all the way around. Bilstein can't sell directly to the public and told me I would have to order through Nismo. I guess there is no way to order something that says discontinued in the Nissan system?
Tell you what...if you can give me the number and the person you spoke to, I can see if I can purchase wholesale from them as a vendor and then resell to you...who knows, maybe they will let them go to me as a Nissan Dealer?

Scott

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scott, I called the Bilstein East Coast aftermarket and motorsports office in NC. Since you are West Coast, try contacting them here:

AFTERMARKET & MOTORSPORTS
HEADQUARTERS - WEST
14102 Stowe Drive
Poway, CA. 92064
1-858-386-5900

I also called Shock Warehouse who found the shocks somewhere in Cali using the Bilstein part #s.

Thanks a lot for your help with this!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts