Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Located in the SF Bay Area. I'm in the market for a automatic Nissan Frontier 4x4, looking for one with under 75K, preferably a Nismo. 1 owner trucks with detailed records of maintenance, clean title, pink slip in hand would be ideal. Not really into double cabs. 2005 and up. Please feel free to contact me via PM.

Prefer stock trucks, no aftermarket up grades.

Thanks in advance and hope everyone has a good/safe holiday season.

Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey man hate to bust your bubble but u can't get a nismos in a 4wd unless it was a custom that someone has done. Nismo is a street package. If u want a 4x4 I really recommend the pro4x. It is the only 4x4 frontier that is a TRUE 4x4 in 4 low. It it the only truck that has a rear locker that locks as u put it in 4 low. Just a heads up

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro4X
809 Posts
Hey man hate to bust your bubble but u can't get a nismos in a 4wd unless it was a custom that someone has done. Nismo is a street package. If u want a 4x4 I really recommend the pro4x. It is the only 4x4 frontier that is a TRUE 4x4 in 4 low. It it the only truck that has a rear locker that locks as u put it in 4 low. Just a heads up

Hate to burst your bubble, but Nismo was the off-road model prior to the Pro4x. Frontier had the Nismo that turned into the Pro4x. Xterra had the Off-road model that turned into the Pro4x.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ef9

·
Registered
276 Posts
Still a 3wd. I'm promise ha. I work at Nissan I can assure you it's the pro 4x that is a true 4wd

That's a Titan swap BTW

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had a 08 Nismo and now a 15 Pro4x. Starting in 09 Nissan decided to use Pro4x for their trucks and use Nismo exclusively with their cars. The Nismo and Pro4x are basically the exactly the same truck. Dash is a little changed, front end maybe a tad changed but the 4x4 system is the exact same down to the electronic limited slip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
What I'm saying the pro 4x is the only 4wd Nissan makes with a limited slip even the 2wds don't have limited slip

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's braking. Completely different. Go to a Nissan dealer and ask a salesman. Believe me I work a Nissan

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sorry to say you are wrong. Frontier is open diff except for the locking on the Pro4x/Nismo and the ABLS. A salesman is the last person I would trust to know technical stuff about a vehicle. No offence if you are a salesman.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hey man hate to bust your bubble but u can't get a nismos in a 4wd unless it was a custom that someone has done. Nismo is a street package. If u want a 4x4 I really recommend the pro4x. It is the only 4x4 frontier that is a TRUE 4x4 in 4 low. It it the only truck that has a rear locker that locks as u put it in 4 low. Just a heads up.
My first Frontier was this 2006 Nismo 4x4, I can assure you they very much exist.

"Off-Road" packages on Frontiers are as follows,
2005-2008 is Nismo
2009-Present is Pro-4x

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sorry to say you are wrong. Frontier is open diff except for the locking on the Pro4x/Nismo and the ABLS. A salesman is the last person I would trust to know technical stuff about a vehicle. No offence if you are a salesman.

That's what I meant the open diff is absolute ****. It is trash it doesn't work worth a damn the locking diff is the best there is and you can get it only on the pro4x

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
2013 Frontier PRO4X

I posted this in your other thread but thought I'd throw it up here as well. This is a very nice rig with PRG installed lift and a nice wheel and tire pkg.

·
Registered
534 Posts
2013 Frontier PRO4X

I posted this in your other thread but thought I'd throw it up here as well. This is a very nice rig with PRG installed lift and a nice wheel and tire pkg.
Sweet truck for a good deal but not real a Pro-4x, looks like an SV. I don't think it would stop me from considering it though since it's had a lot done to it and I doubt most people(myself included) use the rear locker. Nice find Brian :)

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Sweet truck for a good deal but not real a Pro-4x, looks like an SV. I don't think it would stop me from considering it though since it's had a lot done to it and I doubt most people(myself included) use the rear locker. Nice find Brian :)
Now that I've had a closer look at the pic's, I agree. I don't see the correct switches on the dash.... no locker. I guess the low price should have been a clue that it is a clone....

I like the seats though!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Shifter and steering wheel don't have the red stitching, and the P4X has the audio input in the space of one of those 12v outlets

*Edit* I guess with the newer model head unit it's probably bluetooth now...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts