Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know why would anyone want to buy that - truth is Richmond Gear is looking for a diff they can use to get some measurements for us. They say they need it for "about two weeks minimum" and that they "are trying to find one to buy."

So if someones done a swap and still got it lying around lets figure out how to loan it or sell it to the folks at Richmond. Then we can get them working on the powertrax locker and hopefully some new gears for us.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
maybe try some dealerships around them and see if they have replaced one for bad seals lately and still have it laying around

·
Registered
563 Posts
I will have one available when I finish my Titan rear swap, but I'm at least four weeks out at this point.

I'd be surprised if you can't find one on car-part.com. Give some places a call and see if they have a broken one that they aren't listing.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
well you see it is still attached to leaf springs, which are attached to shackles, to the truck plus a drive shaft holding it all in lol

i meant i would donate my truck hahah should have clarified

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
i have an extra one, blown spider gears. its in my back yard.
i was keeping it for the reason you want it. i like to have a back up plan.

is there anyway i can get it back when your done??? and depending on how ever much they want for the locker and the install i will just pay them for what it will cost??
idk im sure something can be figured out.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have an extra one, blown spider gears. its in my back yard.
i was keeping it for the reason you want it. i like to have a back up plan.

is there anyway i can get it back when your done??? and depending on how ever much they want for the locker and the install i will just pay them for what it will cost??
idk im sure something can be figured out.
I'll try to call them tomorow and see what is what. Maybe we can get them to pay the freight both ways as a loaner. Are all the gears still in it? They'll need to be able to get all the relevent measurements for the locker, and maybe for some new R&P while they got it open.

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
yeah everything is still there. popped off the cover to confirm what corp nissan couldnt after 15 techs looked at it for three hours.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
nice.....andy and kneebuster stepping up. thanks a lot guys

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
bigdog
maybe you should start a groupbuy or something of the sort and have anyone who is interested in getting gears or lockers made for the c200k pitch in a couple of bucks to pay to get the c200k over to richmond

then you know who is serious about getting a locker or gears

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bigdog
maybe you should start a groupbuy or something of the sort and have anyone who is interested in getting gears or lockers made for the c200k pitch in a couple of bucks to pay to get the c200k over to richmond

then you know who is serious about getting a locker or gears
Group buy thread is here http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f62/powertrax-group-buy-feeler-poll-58097/

I think Richmond will pay the freight once we find one that is available. If not your right we could chip in to get it to them.

I just sent them an email regarding the two options. Hopefully we'll get a contact that we can talk directly to about this project.

BTW - do you still have your old front diff?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
mustard has a stock front diff out of an SE....if that matters

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cool, once we get them going on the powertrax locker it would be nice to get them working on gears for front and back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's a deal

Richmond has agreed to buy both the rear (C200K) and front (R180) diffs. I just need to drain the fluids and arrange for the freight company to pick them up. Should be on the way to them by early next week.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Richmond has agreed to buy both the rear (C200K) and front (R180) diffs. I just need to drain the fluids and arrange for the freight company to pick them up. Should be on the way to them by early next week.
great news! I'm amazed that they pulled the trigger on the front one too. I guess that means they are going to make us some gears!

check out this thread on the newx for shipping. Will ship Freight Items at Cost - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

He's moving some parts across the country for me right now at an incredible rate.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts