Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I will be calling on my local Dyno shop to schedule some time to do some testing for the Throttle body Spacer - A lot of you guys had asked me to make one, but expressed concern about it making power -

Just from what I have observed on the VQ40 TBS, I'm pretty sure our initial design will make power, but I will be playing with a few samples I made -
Check out the pics of the one I think will work - now keep in mind, this is a prototype and isn't machined to be pretty, but functional

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i've got the helix one, but also have a design and quote for a custom onewith a few 'tweaks' going on.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I will buy regardless. Hope the GB goes through.

~Shiner~

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
yes, Will I think thats the perfect size for about 50-75hp. A fogger nozzle wet system would fit right in there nicely. Now just where to mount the bottle....
And Colton, KMA to your next comment:crib:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
hey... everyone already knew why I wanted one. SO F YALL! I could just run a few sneaky pete bottles in series... :D they mount anywhere

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
hey... everyone already knew why I wanted one. SO F YALL! I could just run a few sneaky pete bottles in series... :D they mount anywhere
?????????? What happened to bottle are for babies huh....
No that's not a nitrous bottle, thats my 15# ulimate air system i got from Wizzard05 to air up tires etc.....

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Hope it works, so far my results in using an Airaid were loss of acceleration, loss of mpg, and loss of throttle response. Gained everything back after taking it off. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
bahahah BOTTLES ARE FOR BABIES! BUT IF THIS POS HEAVY TRUCK IS EVER GOING TO SEE 13'S IT NEEDS IT. But then again... if i went that route I would only be following your footsteps :D hahaha

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thats why I sold mine. WPerdigon, why even bother with one of these?
Hope it works, so far my results in using an Airaid were loss of acceleration, loss of mpg, and loss of throttle response. Gained everything back after taking it off. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
His wont be ultra ribbed like a Trojan or... helix. Should be smooth bore so as not to interrupt the air flow. Which also makes it easier to tap..

And as will stated before... its the increase in plenum size (volume) that gives the power gains

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
since everyone had bad experience with the other TBS out there, i hope you can how some dyno's before the GB will.. Then im in

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i tihnk Will is going to have to have some dyno runs to be able to sell a TBS after all the bad reviews out there.

humm, increase plenum size to gain some real power...well since I should be seeing my spare plenum soon, i guess that will be a new design project.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I concur and calls for ............(see pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Id like to see a dyno on a stock truck with the TB on it, not a WRP-modded already truck.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i am going to be doing testing on a vehicle that i know of only has the crank pulley for the testing -none the less, doing it on a stock truck, may not represent what it will really do for power numbers, as a diminished return will play a factor with each mod on it

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Cool, I look forward to the results. You make really nice stuff so I hope you can find some gains in it.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
im always here to support you, main thing its not over 200 hahaha. like i said a million times, YOU ARE THE MAN.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh if this piece works out - we are looking at it being in the 75 dollar range -no need to be any higher on it

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Well I'm pulling for ya. You do make very nice stuff and so far everyone has been real happy. 75.00 sounds like a decent price....if it produces. I paid 25.00 for an Airaid and still couldn't justify keeping it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts