Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Frontier SV V6 4x4
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered wheels this week, and am trying to decide how to best "black out" my truck. The main thing is the chrome rear bumper. Checked on just getting a black rear bumper and it's pretty pricey. Don't really want to drop the money on a custom rear bumper, so that seems to leave a couple of options.

First, I checked with getting the rear bumper wrapped/color-matched to the rest of the truck. That can be done for $200. Even said they could do the front grille (chrome part) for another $200. Doesn't seem crazy expensive, but I'm wondering about how it will hold up over time.

Second would be to have a body shop paint both the grill and the bumper. No estimates yet, but I'm guessing it's going to be in the same price range?

Any of you tried the wrap? How does it hold up? I plan on just plasti-dipping the badges, etc., but want the big stuff done first. Thoughts?

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2018 frontier sv
12 Posts
I ended up Plasti dipping the grille and the rear bumper, I will say the bumper is holding out great! But the grille I’ve had to apply it multiple times due to rocks or somthing taking off a chunk of it. A wrap might be really great maybe someone else who has done it has a better input than me

·
Registered
2019 Frontier SV V6 4x4
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, another option would be to pick up a primed new bumper and have it painted. These are about $167 shipped. The nice thin is that I could drop this part off to be painted, reassemble using the parts from my chrome bumper and be set. Just do not know what paint cost would be.

Rectangle Automotive exterior Auto part Font Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
2019 Frontier SV V6 4x4
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up Plasti dipping the grille and the rear bumper, I will say the bumper is holding out great! But the grille I’ve had to apply it multiple times due to rocks or somthing taking off a chunk of it. A wrap might be really great maybe someone else who has done it has a better input than me
I wouldn't mind plasti-dipping the bumper, but with the truck being black, I really want it to match well.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Not sure if you want to go this route, but I found a used stillen roll pan for around 100 shipped and had a friend of a friend paint it for 200
Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

Reactions: athertonbt and FLRZ

·
Registered
14 Posts
I plasti dipped the front grill of my truck black. I just didn’t like the somewhat textured look using it. It lasted at least 3 years and never chipped. I only took it off so I could permanently paint the front grill even though my grill isn’t chrome it was the silver matte look.

·
Registered
2019 Frontier SV V6 4x4
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I plasti dipped the front grill of my truck black. I just didn’t like the somewhat textured look using it. It lasted at least 3 years and never chipped. I only took it off so I could permanently paint the front grill even though my grill isn’t chrome it was the silver matte look.
been thinking about having the bumper and grille painted at a local shop. Sent a request for a quote just to see the difference in price to the wrap.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4x2 Crewcab
79 Posts
A quality vinyl wrap should last 5-6 years out in the elements. Prep work and after care are crucial for vinyl.
What kind of aftercare are you looking at with vinyl wrap? I want to do a white wrap to make the truck look like a two tone paint job when I get it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts