Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read numerous posts about front end noise and clunking here, and thought I'd pass this along. I changed all my shocks over to the heavy duty Bilsteins. I also added a 2" leveling kit to the front at the time. I looked everything over real good as I was getting a clunk in the front end, just going into and exiting driveways etc... Last week I talked with Greg at PRG Products. I got him to sell me the sway bar end links and just a pair of bump stops from his front lift kits. I installed them yesterday, and WOW, what a difference. My steering is much more precise and handles great to say the least. But what really amazed me was, that the irritating clunk was gone. I'm impressed, those cheesy end links from Nissan don't even come close to comparison with what PRG offers. They were already worn after 3 years. I only have a 2wd, daily driver and don't go off road. Anyway, it worked for me.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
...They were already worn after 3 years. I only have a 2wd..
^I Killed one...

Sure the sway bar isn't shifting L/R too? cuz those silver collar thingys on the sway bar(between the bushings/mounts) don't hold very well either.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^I Killed one...

Sure the sway bar isn't shifting L/R too? cuz those silver collar thingys on the sway bar(between the bushings/mounts) don't hold very well either.
Man, you didn't kill it, you first degree murdered it, LOL! I did check the stop collars, they're ok. But I did notice the the left side bushing is curled in its support bracket. I will replace it and put some never seize where it wraps around the sway bar. Thank's for the heads up.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
the OEM bushing are trash after about a year get the titan ploy bushings much better to finish off the front end

1 - 5 of 5 Posts