Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an aftermarket headunit recently, the Atoto A6 and I have to say it made my low end stock system sound damn good, like really good

Now I got the bug, a little I don't want to install subs or an amp, I was thinking of just replacing the 4 door speakers and leave the dash tweeters alone.

Maybe kickers/jbl or rockford, but will it make any difference without an amp?

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
Considering the head unit you installed, just choose whatever fits your budget

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Sundown Audio SA-2.75FR neodymium mid-highrange speakers are basically drop-ins for the factory tweets. I installed these and Morel Maximo 6.5" separates with the stock FR head unit. Sounds pretty darn good for a fairly crap OEM head.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will 6x9 speakers fit the front? can I just get 6x9? or is the 6.5 that will fit front and back?

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x 6sp King Cab
4 Posts
I installed an aftermarket headunit recently, the Atoto A6 and I have to say it made my low end stock system sound damn good, like really good

Now I got the bug, a little I don't want to install subs or an amp, I was thinking of just replacing the 4 door speakers and leave the dash tweeters alone.

Maybe kickers/jbl or rockford, but will it make any difference without an amp?
I just recently replaced my stock speakers with kickers. I have a pioneer head unit and the stock speakers sounded like garbage. Two 6x9s in the front and two 6.75s in the back along with a special adapter that mounted it to the door. Id recommend purchasing from Cruchfield, their speakers may not be the cheapest you could find them, but they provide you with all the wiring kits, and that special adapter free of charge.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, it does state that converting to a 4 ohm speaker will result in lower speaker volume? is this true? if so I'm not going to upgrade the speakers then.

was looking for a ltitle louder and maybe a little better sounding?

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
thanks, it does state that converting to a 4 ohm speaker will result in lower speaker volume? is this true? if so I'm not going to upgrade the speakers then.

was looking for a ltitle louder and maybe a little better sounding?
You already changed your head unit to aftermarket, it (should) has more power at 4-ohms, so with aftermarket 4-ohm speakers (which is standard) you should get louder and better sound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts