Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering is that why the 2nd gens may have the wot limiter?.....to help prevent the axle damage?...before i had my superchips tryin to pull someone out was a chore....just couldnt get the power. i dont recall this being mentioned before....is this a reasonable thought or would it matter if you had it disabled or not?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You won't like my answer, but you did ask for it.

The world is full of IDIOTS who would spin the tire at every stop sign, red light, and parking stall if the WOT was not present.

Yep, that's right, it is the manufacturer's attempt to:
1. Stop beechin'
2. Stop whinin'
3. Stop complainin'
4. Reduce wear and tear on vehicle
5. Reduce tire complaints

Think if it like the safety on a gun. In some way, every gun has one when in reality the index finger should be all that is required.

Saving the world from itself is what everyone wants to do now, God forbid anyone to get hurt due to their own STUPIDITY.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
It Gives Smoother Acceleration And Probobly A More Linear Power Application. Bigger Isnt Always Better. Bet You Also Didnt Know The On Transmission Upshifts The Fuel Injectors Are Momentarily Shut Off To Reduce Power And Provide A Smoother Shifter. If You Had A Afr Gauge Hooked Up You Can Watch It. But Then Most Manufacturers Do That Nowadays

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
what ffips said

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
You guys can't be serious in thinking that these trucks are such rocketships at 265 HP that they did it for saftey or control reasons.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You guys can't be serious in thinking that these trucks are such rocketships at 265 HP that they did it for saftey or control reasons.
It isn't that it is a rocket. It honestly is more a factor of people are stupid. I told you no one would like my answer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
may be it has something to do with fuel economy, since we live i a world full of tree huggers, they think it would save gas... wait.. if you are spending +$40,000 for a truck (titan ) you should not give a S*** about fuel economy

·
Registered
293 Posts
You won't like my answer, but you did ask for it.

The world is full of IDIOTS who would spin the tire at every stop sign, red light, and parking stall if the WOT was not present.

Yep, that's right, it is the manufacturer's attempt to:
1. Stop beechin'
2. Stop whinin'
3. Stop complainin'
4. Reduce wear and tear on vehicle
5. Reduce tire complaints

Think if it like the safety on a gun. In some way, every gun has one when in reality the index finger should be all that is required.

Saving the world from itself is what everyone wants to do now, God forbid anyone to get hurt due to their own STUPIDITY.
x2.
It makes me kinda wonder of the people who complain of blown diffs, if they have the WOT restriction disabled, or the diff lock mod done? No one ever really says if they do or not.

·
Registered
155 Posts
x2.
It makes me kinda wonder of the people who complain of blown diffs, if they have the WOT restriction disabled, or the diff lock mod done? No one ever really says if they do or not.
Doubt they would own up to it if they did. "So I slammed my elocker mod switch down, stood on the gas, and watched the Tocoma rocket away from the light as my diif spewed its bowels into the intersection."

Seriously though, I would imagine it's for safety/drivability reasons (for the average numb-nuts driver anyway). Off the line it may simply be too much for the ABLS to control.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts