Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, your probably getting annoyed with how often I'm trying to get rid of my frontier! Hah well the truth is I was nieve at the time when I bought it and didn't think about getting a 4wd. Well today I saw a 2007 se 4x4 with 44k miles on it. It is very clean, not problems at all, I test drove it today. They want 19999 for it(a bit overpriced I think).

Well my truck is an LE with all the bells and whistles and has 41k miles on but it's a year older. My truck is pretty much as clean as a show truck and I would be sacrificing luxury for 4wd. I explained all this to Richard(salesmen) and he said that they would appraise it and we would work from there.

This is Wallace Nissan of Stuart who have been good to us in the past.

What do you guys think they can do for me? Here's a pic of mine then theirs

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'd take your lift off and put some stock size tires on it before i traded it in if i were you

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
yep have em appraise it stock. then put all that jazz on your new one :)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
imo if you are to trade for off road purposes I would only trade for a Nismo or Pro4X. That is unless you plan on getting an aftermarket locker or swapping out the rear

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'd take the lightbar, intake, and bedcover. Taking off the Titan swap would be a PITA bit I figure I'll leave the spacers on the old one. And I'll run coilovers with the new

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Trade in of 19500
Don't get your hopes up. Awesome if you get it though.
I sometimes regretted not getting a 4x4 but then I remember that I haven't once needed it. There isn't enough neat stuff in FL to make it worthwhile, nothing like trails in other states or mountain passes. We get sand and maybe some mud.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd say its overpriced. I picked up my 09 CC 4x4 with 24K miles for 20400, in western NY, and brought it back to Canada. I also like the look of your old truck better.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well this would be quickly modified if things work out. Rims, tires and a lift would follow quickly.

yes i agree my truck is much better looking now. However, there is only so much one can do to a 2wd with an open differential.

i think this thing is probably 6,000 dollars overpriced.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'd say its overpriced. I picked up my 09 CC 4x4 with 24K miles for 20400, in western NY, and brought it back to Canada. I also like the look of your old truck better.
Wrong! You just got a smok'en deal!!!! I paid $17,500 for a 05, (in 09) with 41K miles. 4X4 CC SE. In fact thats Soooo cheap, it sounds fishy.

well this would be quickly modified if things work out. Rims, tires and a lift would follow quickly.

yes i agree my truck is much better looking now. However, there is only so much one can do to a 2wd with an open differential.

i think this thing is probably 6,000 dollars overpriced.
I dont think its that far..... half, at worst. IMO

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got my 07 for $20500 in april of 08. But I got it private party. New listed at $27000

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wrong! You just got a smok'en deal!!!! I paid $17,500 for a 05, (in 09) with 41K miles. 4X4 CC SE. In fact thats Soooo cheap, it sounds fishy.
Granted I bought a king cab but I got my 05 in 2008 with 40k and paid $15,900. Dealership was asking 16,900

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well im going today at 5 for them to formally appraise my truck. Didnt even notice before but the one at the dealer has brand new Revo2's on it... very nice tires!

plans would be
rims
intake(off old truck)
spacers
blocks
prerunner bumpers
armor
titan swap(off old truck minus longer axles)
icons(down the road)
titan diff swap.

SE's are just as capable offroad as a nismo, if driven correctly. At least thats what i hope!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok guys, just got back from the stealership.... well they told me they could give me 14k for mine! hahah what a joke. I knew they would try to make some cash but that is rediculous! so an SE with more miles and is a year newer is worth 6k more than an LE? Well this just furthers how much dealers like rip people off. O well i thought i would try to jump on the opportunity.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
its not that its worth more, but obviously they are running a business and are looking to make a profit. you cant blame them for that - its what they do, and they are entitled to a profit to some degree.

is your truck worth more than they offered? probably.
is their truck worth less than they want? probably.

its just business. dont take it personally.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
why even think of trading it in after all that work you put into it? seriously if you want a 4x4 that you think will take you places your 2wd can't, it's time to look at an alternate trail rig. something that can get scratched bent and put away wet and not have to think about it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts