Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke with the Office of Fair trading today and apparenly Nissan wants to dig its heals in. So long story short looks like its off to the Tribunal and I will be after a full and complete respray .All interior and glass removed and tub off the chassis .How much who cares .How long who cares will be going for a replacement vehicle of same size and type as part of the settlement . I bought the truck for medical reasons nothing else so not able to lower standards .Also going to try for some form of compensation for the fact they have had the truck for almost 4 months in the time I have owned it and in that time the condition has been made decidedly worse.
I strongly recommend any other owners that are having troubles with Nissan Aus to not give in and fight all the way till we get a decent resolve.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
i must have missed an earlier thread. what exactly is the problem they are giving you?

·
Registered
74 Posts
the paint thing is still going on? i remember when i bought my truck may 08, hearing something about this... how big of a deal is it to them to just reapaint your entire truck, or pay to have someone competent paint it... wow, nissan needs to just tuck tail and give in already, from all your posts, it seems like you pursued the problem intelligently and competently, good luck in court, and thank you for standing up and demanding a quality product and competent customer service for your hard earned money. dont let them twist it aound on you.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
The best of wishes to you. Sometimes dealing with Nissan should come with its own version of healthcare. Because they tend to try and make you sick before they give you a dime of the money you deserve.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
At least maybe this way you will have some sort of binding agreement. The best of luck to you on this long ongoing paint problem.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The results are in and its not nice

all quotes from the report

this will give an idea whats where

THIS VEHICLE HAS HAD EXTENSIVE PAINT REPAIRS, FURTHER REPAIRS ARE REQUIREDE AT LEFT SIDE ROOF PANEL. SEE
DIAGRAM.
OVERALL REPAIRS AND PAINT FINISH ARE POOR AND EASILY VISIBLE. <> FACTORY ORIGINAL PAINT ON THE LEFT SIDE OF
THE ROOF PANEL HAS BEGAN TO PEAL OFF AND WILL REQUIRE REPAIRS-SEE PHOTOS. <> SEE CONCLUSION PAGE FOR
MORE DETAILS.

General Overview:
* PAINT THICKNESS IS VERY INCONSISTENT, RANGING FROM 89 TO 320 MICRONS. GENUINE FACTORY PAINT
THICKNESS FOR THIS TYPE OF VEHICLE IS USUALLY 89 TO 125 MICRONS. PAINT FINISH TO BONNET IS 320 MICRONS
THICK WHICH IS MORE THAN 255% THICKER THAN THAT OF THE FACTORY APPLIED PAINT FINISH. THIS MAY
RESULT IS CRACKING AND OR SHRINKAGE AS THE VEHICLE AGES AND IS EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS. <> PAINT
TEXTURE IS VISIBLY INCONSISTANT FROM PANEL TO PANEL. <> LEFT SIDE DOORS HAVE A HEAVY-ORANGE
PEAL-TEXTURE, WHILE THE ADJACENT PANELS AND BONNET HAVE A SMOOTH GLASSY FINISH AS A RESULT OF
ATTEMPTS TO CUT AND POLISH PAINT SURFACE TO EFFECT REPAIRS.
<> THIS HAS CREATED A PATCHWORK EFFECT WHEN OBSERVED SIDE ON AND HIGHLIGHTS THE OVERALL POOR
QUALITY REFINISHING.<>PAINT REPAIRS TO INSIDE OF RIGHT HAND REAR UPPER DOOR FRAME ARE INCOMPLETE
LEAVING AN EASILY DETECTED UNSEALED SECTION.
THIS VEHICLES OVERALL APPEARENCE HAS BEEN DEGRADED BY THE EXTENSIVE PAINT REFINISHING WORK
WHICH IS SUB-STANDARD FOR AGE AND MODEL AND HAS SEVERELY DEVALUED THE VEHICLE. <>

yet more fun stuff

the paint is now flaking off the roof gutter rails on the left side so we found today
see attached

so all in all my truck is in great shape

Attachments

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I'd go for a new vehicle. This one is a mess. Lets hope a judge sees it that way.

·
Registered
509 Posts
OMG its still going?

all that for a KNOWN fault ???? are they retarded ???
i asked one of the nissan guys here and see said "known fault, got them resprayed" no mucking around.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
to be honest I dont think the judge would go that way but by the time I ask for 20k + to get it repainted and then a hire car etc while its being done ,Nissan may think it cheaper to take this one off me and give me another

The tards here wouldnt accept it even if it was in black and white.Now if I could get something in writing from your dealers then we would be getting somewhere .No I have to clean the truck tonight and possibly the jetwash will shave off yet some more. I didnt even realise the paint was coming off the roof till the other day

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I guess that I don't understand this tribunal process, is this like an independent evaluation and report?

Thought it was a court, and adjudicated with a decision as to who is to blame, the amount of damages etc.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok the tribunal is where I get to state my case.Basically small claims court without the 5k limit.If I can convince the tribunal with hard facts that there error is on Nissans shoulders then the tribunal can make Nissan make good on the damage. I have to show exactly how much repairs will cost and where it will be done.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well I want to try to get PPG to produce the reports they have supposedly already done. I know for a fact the last guy only walked around the truck looking at it from a meter or so away. I want to see if they try to bring up paint thickness measurements .I know he didnt test anything like that.
There are just too many things that just dont sound right.
Nissan managers are telling me its the best Black truck they have seen. Why is it they are the only ones that see it that way.
PPG had supposedly done 3 reports on the truck. Why is it that I find more erros in the paint after each of their inspections and then Nissan agreed to repair those problems. What qualifications do their ispectors have if I can find issues with the paint they apparently dont bother to see.
The paint is a well known issue on trucks all over the planet and in fact in other states as long as its NOT Nissan Aus who does the reports. If dealers do the work it seems fine. I have read of a few trucks having sides etc fully repainted.

Once I go to the tribunal I have to have all my shite sorted.
Basically the paintwork has been tampered with to the point 4 panels 4 different textures .
The paint is now peeling on the roof.
Basically its a mess
If I go for a respray the truck will be gone for at least a month if I can find someone to do the work.
o lets just theorise here
20k plus for a full on respray with everything removed so the truck doesnt stick of thiners for months.
2k for a hire truck or pathy for the time its off the road . Compensation for pissing me round and me having to take time off work to do all this crap say another 5k
So in summation ( big word for this hour)
The cost could easily shoot up well over the $30,000 mark to fix the screw up they have produced.
Anyone think of anything I have missed?

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
good luck i'll keep you in my prayers

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well I want to try to get PRG to produce the reports they havbe supposedly already done. I know for a fact the last guy only walked around the truck looking at it from a meter or so away. I want to see if they try to bring up paint thickness measurements .I know he didnt test anything like that.
There are just too many things that just dont sound right.
Nissan managers are telling me its the best Black truck they have seen. Why is it they are the only ones that see it that way.
PPG had supposedly done 3 reports on the truck. Why is it that I find more erros in the paint after each of their inspections and then Nissan agreed to repair those problems. What qualifications do their ispectors have if I can find issues with the paint they apparently dont bother to see.
The paint is a well known issue on trucks all over the planet and in fact in other states as long as its NOT Nissan Aus who does the reports. If dealers do the work it seems fine. I have read of a few trucks having sides etc fully repainted.

Once I go to the tribunal I have to have all my shite sorted.
Basically the paintwork has been tampered with to the point 4 panels 4 different textures .
The paint is now peeling on the roof.
Basically its a mess
If I go for a respray the truck will be gone for at least a month if I can find someone to do the work.
o lets just theorise here
20k plus for a full on respray with everything removed so the truck doesnt stick of thiners for months.
2k for a hire truck or pathy for the time its off the road . Compensation for pissing me round and me having to take time off work to do all this crap say another 5k
So in summation ( big word for this hour)
The cost could easily shoot up well over the $30,000 mark to fix the screw up they have produced.
Anyone think of anything I have missed?
Compensation for a substantial loss in resale value.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
okay okay so let me get this straight nissan aus gave a you a ****ed up fronty???

·
Banned
6,781 Posts

·
Banned
6,781 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well i hate to being the one to dish up bad news but Nissan wont entertain the $numbers aussie is throwing around for starters IT dont cost $20 big ones to paint a Navara, personal compensation dont hold your breath, i speak from experience not with Nissan, but shoddy paint i had the miss fortune of being talked into which was painted onto a truck i had painted (Big Truck Big Bucks) the paint was made in Italy and never lasted 12 months it just couldnt take the aussie sun shine, should of used my head and stuck with Dulux 2pac. The paint shop couldn't do enough even though it wasn't something they did wrong they were just plain embarrassed>the paint suppliers no other words (pricks) and thats how the blue started and many months and lots of dollars later^ court cases^loss of earning^and the bottom line is i got smashed * my pockets weren't deep enough to keep the fight going in the courts,they had more moves than a card shark and i still had a truck that needed repainting. End result i bought the paint and the paint shop painted it again at no cost and i just lost that truck again and its earnings for another 3 weeks.And there i suspect is the problem with aussies rig and others like his paint thats only good for europe seeing as the navs are made in spain. Take a look at the mighty Rolls Royce after afew years in the aussie sun kaput there goes the paint on early rollors it was really a problem and most cars from that part of the wold suffer the same fate.Wish u luck bud but only deal in facts and truths.:boxing:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts