Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Didn’t notice a thread about this. I have a long bed with the utilitrack. I cut some 2X6 and put 2 on each side of the bed. Attaching it to the bed is two 2X4’s. You take the thing where you would normally put a ratchet strap. You do need to file the wood to get it to fix. But then you tighten the bed rail thing and then you have wooden sidewalks. I was able to haul two yards of mulch, my truck was almost bottomed out but not quite. IF YOU ATTEMPT I AM NOT RESPOSIABLE FOR ANYTHING BREAKING OR ACCIDENTS THAT MAY OCCUR, including but not limited to overloading, boards falling off,or anything else that may happen as a result of doing this. Feel free to ask any questions though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A picture of the inside attachment would be worth 1000 words. :)
I’ll be sure to do that next time i have it set up, probably by next week. I took it off because one downside is it pretty much blocks your back window. I can post it here or pm you if you are interested.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is an update and some pictures of the inside. These pictures hopefully show how I attached it

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used a ratchet strap with some screws to suck the sidewalks in and then screwed then together with the 2X6’s in the back. I wouldn’t try to strap anything down on the inside but it’s great for hauling mulch and debris. If you have any questions, feel free to ask but I am not responsible for any damages that may occur.

·
Premium Member
5,546 Posts
Nice.

If you wanted to improve, you could pick up some spring nuts from home depot and run a bolt right through each vertical board to the Utlilitrac rails. I've attached multiple things this way,

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures, that helps a bunch.

The spring nuts @The other Sean posted are slick...just used those this week for tie downs for my dualsport motorcycle. Ordered mone from Amazon. If you use them on the front rail you just have to trim the spring a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts