Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Sherwood Innovations dash kit. Just peel and stick. I'm less than satisfied with the fit but the finish is beautiful.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
How the heck do you folks keep your trucks so clean? Looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hey David - This looks real nice. I've been wondering what your latest truck tinkering involved - now I know.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the pieces all cut from a 2D flat sheet or they on a 3D form?
Thank you for your question, teecro. This is a flat but flexible kit. I insist on REAL wood, not printed and I've been unable to find a 3D kit that uses real wood. Real wood has a luster that printed grain just can't match so, for me, it's worth not covering everything to get that quality.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How the heck do you folks keep your trucks so clean? Looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the compliment, jwp1964. In all honesty, the truck is not ALWAYS this clean. My annual insurance premium is due and I always have them take pictures when I go in to pay the premium. ( it avoids any argument about the condition of the truck if there is a problem ) I spent this weekend washing and waxing the truck and installing this dash kit.

Normally not a fan of add on wood grain, but, that looks sharp. Works well with the tan interior.
Thank you shizzy. With the last three vehicles I bought, I specifically chose a tan interior and installed a wood dash kit. I really like the look of it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey David - This looks real nice. I've been wondering what your latest truck tinkering involved - now I know.
Thank you Bill_c. I was in poor health the latter half of 2016 and got almost nothing done. I'm doing much better now and am back at it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thank you for your question, teecro. This is a flat but flexible kit. I insist on REAL wood, not printed and I've been unable to find a 3D kit that uses real wood. Real wood has a luster that printed grain just can't match so, for me, it's worth not covering everything to get that quality.
Thank you for the detailed answer, I only got my SV a few months ago so I've only glanced at a few products to jazz up the interior and I most certainly don't want to further cheapen it by installing any inferior quality material.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The fit and overall look of these IMO is generally cheap. I used to install these in fords from time to time and was never impressed. Lets not even talk about the cost, which was insane if I recall

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
What is the cost for one of these? Not my cup of tea but im curious.

·
Premium Member
6,460 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I bought this kit 2 years ago from CarId when I bought the truck, kgordon . I don't recall the exact price but it was about $300. I just installed it last weekend. There are many different finishes available including carbon fiber, metallics and solid colors. Please click the link on the next post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts