Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Wondering if I have a fake Nismo Frontier

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Undercover Brother 
#1 ·
A dealer sold me at 2012 Nissan Frontier SV with the NISMO package. It was about 3 years ago. I never really questioned whether it was or not, it had the stickers and all so I assumed the dealer represented it correctly. However, I recently was looking to maybe trade it in and started looking up the value and I can't find where Nissan made a NISMO package in the 2012 Frontier SV. So I started researching more and found this site. I am really concerned that maybe this dealer sold me a fake NISMO and I can't figure out how to tell for sure. Can anyone tell me how to know for sure? Thank you

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The Nismo model was not around in 2012, the name had been replaced by the Pro4X model. I don't have off the top of my head what year the Nismo was dropped, but it wasn't around in 2012. Your truck has some stickers on the box, but it is just an SV model. The Pro4X would have the rear e-locker and all the skid plates underneath. Verifying the Vin will tell you for certain what model you own

#8 ·
Lower corner of front windshield on driver's side visible from outside the truck.

There was a Sport Appearance Package available in '12 for SVs...but yours is a case of the previous owner simply putting an older Nismo decal on the side. Dealer should've known better, IMO.

#7 · (Edited)
I have a '12 Pro4X and I was told by the local dealer the NISMO name was changed to Pro4X after '08 for U.S vehicles. If you have have an SV you probably do not have the electrically locking rear diff (M226) and a couple of other things that come with the pro 4X. I don't think it's a big deal I have never used the rear locker except to test it. The SV is probably just as good.

#12 ·
Given the time and it being bought used, I would just let it go on the subject of getting screwed over. Especially if the selling dealer was a non Nissan one. I would bet your purchase paperwork just lists it by the VIN and nothing about the NISMO stuff. Also, good possibility it was on there at trade in and it was just washed and flipped on the lot to you without another thought about the sticker.

Sucks to be taken, but if you value your time and legal costs, getting any restitution from the selling dealer is going to be a uphill battle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.