Tinted all rear lights
Debadged tail gate

Drivetrain: PRG carrier bearing drop

Suspension & Tires: SE wheels bedlined black
285/75-16 Toyo AT's
Rancho quicklift struts
Cst spindles
23" SS braided brake lines

Hybrid leaf pack in rear (stock + 2 out of silverado)

Armor: None yet

Performance: Removed silencers from intake
K&N drop in air filter
2 1/4 exhaust pipe with flowmaster delta 40 muffler

In Progress: Black out front headlights
SAW 2.5 racerunner coilovers (in the garage)
Titan control arms and steering (waiting for the post man)
Hand fabbed rear bumper (Need to stop being lazy and fab it)
Something for the rear to get a bit more flex
Powertrax locker (waiting on them to make it)

When the truck was new, right off the lot

After the wheels/tires and ranchos

After the spindles, bumper, and rear lift
[/IMG]

Some more recent photos

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Picked up my titan control arms and tie rods today. Have had the saws in the garage for a little bit now. Hopefully I'll be able to install sometime this week. If not then over memorial day weekend should be going in. Meaning I'll be ready for hollister on the 13th.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nice!
Whats the spring rate/length on the SAWs?

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
So i got all the titan parts on my truck as well as installed the SAW's. The only thing is i think they are a bit long for my application for some reason. Tell me what you guys think.

They look slightly tall, maybe you can adjust them down (not sure if you have or not). *Crap* Just noticed your saw's look like they're as short as you can make them. You may want to remove the UCA(s) (that you have notched out to clear the coil bucket) and box them in with some steel.

Anyway, what's the word on the Silverado leaf sping setup you're running? How about some pix on that! I'm having hell finding anything in south Texas, but Chevys are a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The arms are already slightly boxed, just took that lip off. As far as the silverado leafs i took the two smallest ones out and stuck them in my stock pack where they fit and ran the shims from the chev and center bolt and threw them back in the truck. Took like an hour for everything. pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
spring rate is 550, not sure on length...
^Should be perfect..
You can ask PRG to put a longer sleeves in the SAWs to "shorten" em'.. The problem with doing that is the spring/rate will be wayyy too pre-loaded; might have to get shorter springs too.

Go shock hoops?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Edit: Shock hoops would solve that problem.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I'll be around Saturday morning, maybe Sunday after noon.

The numbers on the springs are length. inside diameter. pounds per inch compression

I am running a 1600.300.0600 s

See how much shaft is showing, you may just need different uca,s to clear your coil buckets.

I have some 1600.300.500 you could try, but I may need them for the ranger. So you would need to return them. You may need a spring compressor to swap them out.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was actually thinking about coming up to see you soon nizmut and get some info off your shock hoops and build some for my truck. That way i can position that upper mount where i need it for the ride height i would like to have. New uppers will come eventually but they arent in the budget at the moment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
your shocks look like there the same length as others running a titan swap front end?!
...so have you figured out if you have the wrong coilovers?...ive never seen a titan swapped fronty this high before!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive got spindles on it as well which is why it seems a lot higher. Im waiting on money so i can get some shock hoops and some 500# springs to hopefully solve my problems.

I would be up for a trade if anyones looking to do shock hoops or a lt kit and needs the longer coilovers and has some 6" in good condition.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
So I found a guy local thats willing to throw in a set of shock hoops and cut out my coil buckets for me. The only thing I need to do is provide him with the tube. A guy i talk to on a regular basis said i should look into using galvanized water pipe. So i did some research on it today and the 1" id tube is 1 5/16" od with a 3/16" wall. Im not sure how strong it would be and if it would be able to hand the abuse. It would be properly braced of course. So looking for opinions or the type of tube others have used. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
mine was reallllllly tall on install also, even when i backed them all the way off. they settled alot after 1-2 months of driving/off roading.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ive had mine in for 3 months to the day actually. They seem to have settled a little bit but not as much is i would have liked. Im going to have a local fab shop set me up with some hoops and set it up so the top mount of the coilovers will mount a little hight then it does with the coilbuckets.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
What is the price difference between DOM and that galvanized water pipe? I have only heard of people using DOM for any kind of automotive tubing that will see stress.

I know others on this site use water pipe for bumpers and sliders but I have yet to see them use it for something that takes abuse like a shock hoop would especially since you have a heavy bumper and etc....

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
exactly why im asking for opinions and see what others think. I know people have used it for bumpers and a few other things, but never something that would see a good amount of stress on the daily. Will have to do some research on the pipe itself maybe and see what I can come up with. I am also capable of getting my hands on black pipe, if its iron or steel im not sure however im pretty sure its steel. If that would be a better idea, feel free to let me know.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts