Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey errybody...
so - when running new speaker wire to the front (I am installing JL 690) and will be using the provided inline cross-over - but want to run new wires, should I solder from the Factory harness, or solder to the AM harness, and just dead-end (or de-pin) where it connects to the factory harness.
this is just for the fronts, as I am leaving the back as is.

thanks!

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Mental, is this Rockford system or base radio? The RF system has a cross-over in the amp that cuts all the highs to the front door speakers. It is built to only send them to the dash-mount tweeters, so that would need to be bypassed, as in bringing all the wiring into the doors if doing separates.

·
Premium Member
6,899 Posts
You're already at aftermarket, if you're running new speaker wires then go direct to the aftermarket harness and don't even bother "integrating" part of the OEM speaker wires - there's no point.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Yes, I agree with Raine here, that's what I've done as well, many times in the past. Bypass 'em all and cut 'em out or abandon in place.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. I think im about to give up and pay someone to install all this stuff.
im a visual learner, so, I am not getting some of this stuff, and im worried im going to mess up the grand worth of stuff i just bought.

the C-1 690 component speakers come with an in line crossover. 2 wires in - 2 wires out. the directions say the crossover should come from the woofer or the amp.
the 6x9's have 4 prongs on them - so I am assuming I am soldering the front wires from the new HU wiring harness to my speaker wire - running that to the woofer in the door. then running the inline crossover from the woofer to the tweeter. the wire will not be long enough, so I will need to create a "jumper" to connect the woofer to the tweeter.

can someone please verify this is accurate? When I look at crossover wiring, it would typically be HeadUnit to crossover, then 4 wires out of the cross-over one set to the tweeter and one set to the woofer - but I dont have that type of cross over.

this also mean getting 2 sets of speaker wires through the door. one in and one out. yes?

·
Premium Member
6,899 Posts
Ok. I think im about to give up and pay someone to install all this stuff.
im a visual learner, so, I am not getting some of this stuff, and im worried im going to mess up the grand worth of stuff i just bought.

the C-1 690 component speakers come with an in line crossover. 2 wires in - 2 wires out. the directions say the crossover should come from the woofer or the amp.
the 6x9's have 4 prongs on them - so I am assuming I am soldering the front wires from the new HU wiring harness to my speaker wire - running that to the woofer in the door. then running the inline crossover from the woofer to the tweeter. the wire will not be long enough, so I will need to create a "jumper" to connect the woofer to the tweeter.

can someone please verify this is accurate? When I look at crossover wiring, it would typically be HeadUnit to crossover, then 4 wires out of the cross-over one set to the tweeter and one set to the woofer - but I dont have that type of cross over.

this also mean getting 2 sets of speaker wires through the door. one in and one out. yes?
Can you take a clear pic showing the "4 prongs" you said were on the woofer? I want to see how they're wired up before I make a suggestion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Along with my Speaker question - I have added the first of a few wiring questions I have with the Spiral harness. Details and questions in images themselves.
thanks.
speakers and inline crossover:

Crossover

Spiral Wiring harness to Kenwood harness questions.
basically, can you solder multiple wires together (I think its yes - but want to make sure)

thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It feels like I could patch into the wire from the HU to the Woofer about half way - splitting off just under the dash and shorting the inline cross over - thus having a single wire running through the molex and putting the crossover below the dash. I dont understand why it would have to go all the way to the woofer Then back to the tweeter if its just a signal. I dont think the termination at the woofer has any additional functionality for the signal.

·
Premium Member
6,899 Posts
It feels like I could patch into the wire from the HU to the Woofer about half way - splitting off just under the dash and shorting the inline cross over - thus having a single wire running through the molex and putting the crossover below the dash. I dont understand why it would have to go all the way to the woofer Then back to the tweeter if its just a signal. I dont think the termination at the woofer has any additional functionality for the signal.
That's why I asked - the "4 terminals" are just 2 terminals with 2 tabs each. So the C1 component system does NOT have to be wired in series - they run in parallel. You can just run two pairs of wires from the HU output - one pair to the door woofer, and one pair to the crossover then to the dash tweeter.

IF the 4 terminals were separate, you would have had to double-back on the speaker wires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts