Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a 2000 Nissan wire harness different from an 01? The only reason I’m asking is cause mine **** the bucket on me and I bought a $800 one with a good running motor, tock Both motors out and I got to thinking will the 01 fit in the 2000 along with the connections and go to all computers? I need answers ASAP

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Maybe i'm not understanding but why can you not compare the 2 harnesses side by side. I mean if you current harness is jacked you gotta pull it anyways right

ECU/Computer and Airbag Computer - YES, should be plug n play

The vast majority of it should be the same. I know in 2002 they changed some of the connectors like for the airbags. One thing you can do is go to the FSM and look up all the connectors and compare and see if they use the same ones. But the 00 and 01 have the same dash and use the same passenger side airbag. The Driver side airbag in 01 is different. Its the 02-04 style.

For instance: Look up the air bag in the 2000 manual and then in the 2001 and see if they use the same connector. At the bottom of the the page for anything that has a connector they'll tell you the connector type and even the wire pinout.

If the 00 n 01 are different it wont be by much.

Thats the best advice i can give you besides a solid YES or NO.

I swapped my 2000 Dash, Steering Wheel, and Airbags for the 02-04 style dash. The Passenger Airbag had different connectors and come to think of it i put a 2001 Steering wheel in bc it was the updated wheel and had to get the 2001 clock sping which i may have had a different connector on it - cant remember. All the audio stuff is the same. The speedo stuff should be the same and most everyting in the engine bay should be the same too if not all.

The Airbag computer under the center console is the same also bc i had to swap a couple of those out

I have ALL the supercharged shyt i got out of a 2002 SC Xterra and the Computer is Plug and Play according to a dozen other guys who SC'd their 2000

THe few things you MAY run into that are different you can possibly RePin. A DePinning set on Amazon is cheap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe i'm not understanding but why can you not compare the 2 harnesses side by side. I mean if you current harness is jacked you gotta pull it anyways right

ECU/Computer and Airbag Computer - YES, should be plug n play

The vast majority of it should be the same. I know in 2002 they changed some of the connectors like for the airbags. One thing you can do is go to the FSM and look up all the connectors and compare and see if they use the same ones. But the 00 and 01 have the same dash and use the same passenger side airbag. The Driver side airbag in 01 is different. Its the 02-04 style.

For instance: Look up the air bag in the 2000 manual and then in the 2001 and see if they use the same connector. At the bottom of the the page for anything that has a connector they'll tell you the connector type and even the wire pinout.

If the 00 n 01 are different it wont be by much.

Thats the best advice i can give you besides a solid YES or NO.

I swapped my 2000 Dash, Steering Wheel, and Airbags for the 02-04 style dash. The Passenger Airbag had different connectors and come to think of it i put a 2001 Steering wheel in bc it was the updated wheel and had to get the 2001 clock sping which i may have had a different connector on it - cant remember. All the audio stuff is the same. The speedo stuff should be the same and most everyting in the engine bay should be the same too if not all.

The Airbag computer under the center console is the same also bc i had to swap a couple of those out

I have ALL the supercharged shyt i got out of a 2002 SC Xterra and the Computer is Plug and Play according to a dozen other guys who SC'd their 2000

THe few things you MAY run into that are different you can possibly RePin. A DePinning set on Amazon is cheap.
Amazing man I have one more call to make tmro about it and see if I can actually do it. I appreciate it brother now Ik I can put the motor in and get everything plugged in and see if she will run! Thank you man!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,835 Posts
It all depends on a lot of factors, like emissions certification, transmission, etc. You can have two or more different main harnesses for the same engine in the same year. Usually, there is a paper tag on the harness with the part number, or you can go to a sight like NissanPartsDeal.com and look up the part numbers for each vehicle and compare. If it's different and your current harness is in really bad shape, you might want to consider getting in touch with WiringSpecialties.com about having them rebuild your harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts