Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build a connector assembly to go in my '15 between connectors C15 and C200. This is at the back of the truck where the wiring out to the tail lights meets the master chassis harness, eight pins.

There's an '06 or '07 that had an engine and dashboard fire at a local full-service junkyard. Does anyone know if the connectors C15 and C200 themselves are the same on the two trucks?

Diagram showing what I'm asking about:

Note that this isn't the towing connector, this is the normal connector to the tails, turns, brakes, and reverse lights.

·
Super Moderator
3,894 Posts
I would think anything 2005 and newer would have it. You could download a service manual for the 2006 and check it's wiring diagram to see if it uses the same connector. You can download factory service manuals at Nico Club's website (Google it).

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been trying to compare them but they changed how they format the FSMs between 2006 and 2015. It's going a bit slower than I had expected.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I've found the answer based on this aftermarket towing lighting controller:

Hopkins Towing Solutions 43535

This is the old-school method for when a vehicle lacks any kind of auxiliary wiring to the back of the truck. This connects in-line between the loom from the body control module and the final Tee-off to the two sets of tails. They list all model years 2005-2017 plus all models of Suzuki Equator as using this part.

So it looks like if I can find the last 6" of connector toward the BCM, and the first 6" of connector towards the brakes/turns/tails I'll be able to make the part I want.

BTW, I went by my local dealer, and they only sell complete harness sections, no splice-in repair parts. This is annoying.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I went to a junkyard on Wednesday and got some stuff including wiring harness connectors cut-off with 6" of extra wire. Since no one has posted really clear, large pictures of these harness connectors, figured I'd give it a shot.

Connector C15:

This is on the body-side, heading toward the BCM.

Connector C200:

This is toward the rear lights.

Connector C51:

This is the towing connector on the body-side, ground, left stop/turn, right stop/turn, reverse, and tail/running lamps.

Connector C52:

This is the body-side towing connector with brake control and constant 12V battery.

Connectors C15 and C200 appear to be the same on all Frontiers. The source truck supposedly was a 2007 with a high trim package (SL? had a metal front bumper but the tailgate was already gone) and they fit my 2015 SV.

I'll post the other sides for the trailer ones later.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
TWX, may I ask what you are doing with your Frankenstein harness? I'm intrigued.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i have the pigtail from the body to the trailer connector but it is cut up. i am still trying to figure out the wiring diagram but there is no purple wire on the trailer connector. the fsm is confusing as well. the wire colors that i have are red, white, green, brown, black, and yellow on the trailer connector side the body side is wrapped up tight. most of the wires are real small like 16 gauge.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
TWX, may I ask what you are doing with your Frankenstein harness? I'm intrigued.
This was the original purpose, to add the canopy brake light in a way that didn't involve splicing.

Additionally I may at some point add an aftermarket rear bumper. I'd like to wire the lights again without splicing. Also planning on adding in-bed, or under-canopy, or under-tonneau lighting. Might use the constant 12V on the trailer harness if it's always-on even with the key off.

i have the pigtail from the body to the trailer connector but it is cut up. i am still trying to figure out the wiring diagram but there is no purple wire on the trailer connector. the fsm is confusing as well. the wire colors that i have are red, white, green, brown, black, and yellow on the trailer connector side the body side is wrapped up tight. most of the wires are real small like 16 gauge.
Mine isn't wired to the 7-pin jack yet either. I plan on getting a tester adapter and then having someone trigger the various lights and test until I get the pinout right.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
I know this is an old thread, Hope you don't mind I hijacked your pics
Light Product Font Engineering Technology

·
Registered
630 Posts
Sorry about coming into this post way late...

TWX & Grampy....if you need a FREE Nissan Reference Catalog that shows ALL the connectors & terminal pins that Nissan uses, click on the attached Nissan Tech Mate link:

When the Harness Repair webpage opens, click on the White "Learn More" button under the "Keep Your HRK Stocked" wording.

Once you click on that "Learn More" button, it will redirect you to a PDF download link & automatically download & open a 246 page PDF file showing you all the connectors & terminal pins that Nissan uses in its vehicles. The first 220 pages shows you a breakdown of each connector & terminal pins & along with tool number & how to disengage the terminal connector. Towards the end of the 246 page PDF file, (like the last 20-30 pages), it has a quick reference section that shows you all the connectors & matching terminals...so you can match & compare your connector & terminal to determine what kind it is and the part number.

Anyhow, hope this helps....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts