Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im trying to take off my wipers so i can pressure wash the oxide off the plastic, ive taken off the nut and soaked it with lubricant. It just does not pull off. Of course the threaded stud also moves with the wiper when I try to pry it off?

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
12,392 Posts
why can't you wash the plastic with the arms in place? Be careful as a powerwasher can destroy as well as clean.

Clint

·
Super Moderator
20,353 Posts
They are extremely difficult to remove without a special tool. I got mine off with a battery terminal puller with tape wrapped around the jaws. It still took a lot of force to remove.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
too cold to try and take them off today. i cant tell but maybe im thinking of another truck i worked on. could have been my jeep of the wifes that im thinking about.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
lift the wipers and then jiggle them a little bit. the spring tension keeps them in a bind. Had mine off last week to pull the cowling.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If nizmut's advise doesn't work, try putting the nut back on (just a couple of threads) and give it a sharp rap with a hammer. Don't bash it, just a sharp rap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.