Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I have a rather odd situation where the little plastic casings over the winshield washer fluid squirters have both cracked (not sure how) and now the washer fluid squirts straight up in the air. The same crack appeared on both squirters within a few days of eachother and now I can barely wash my windows.

Has anyone else had this problem? Are those little things easy to replace? Thanks guys!
Kevin

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Kevin,

I have the exact same problem, just started about a month ago and I haven't had time to swing by the dealership yet. Mine is only a year old so they better cover it under warranty.

Same as yours, though, both were fine and then one day they were both cracked. I am guessing due to high heat and/or UV since I am in Houston, and the summer has been brutally hot with no rain.

J

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has this problem... may mean that Nissan will make a more durable replacement part. I hope its covered under warranty as well, I just hate having to go to the dealership for something I can fix myself :)

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
got the same problem myself. I just noticed it yesterday. Can't be the heat, its been the coldest/wettest summer up here since 19 friggin 72!!
Anyone know the fix .. cause the plastic trim between the W-shield and hood on mine is starting to look pretty crappy (whiting out in places). I'm hopin' they replace the whole unit rather than just the nips.

d-mo

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just a poorly made part, maybe?

Anyway, mine is at the dealership now, I'll be picking it up in about an hour, so I'll let you know if the new parts look any different. I doubt they changed them or replaced any more than they had to. I'll be surprised if they didn't try to eposy it and pass it off.

J

·
Registered
855 Posts
Do yours spray in a more spread/spray mode or more like in a jet ? mine do 3 jet streams and at high way speeds it misses the windshield, lol.
I have to tap the stalk to get just little at a time to get the WS cleaned.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, they fixed it, definitely replaced the nozzle assemblies. If I remember correctly, it used to have 2 streams from each sprayer, and now it is more of a fine spray that covers more of the glass. Let's hope it is a different part.

No charge, warranty, truck is 16 months old. Kind of funny that the tech's notes say "Jets, poor seal". No kidding.

J

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just checked into this site to see if this was a common thing, as mine are cracked too. Im in an 08 and the driver's side has been cracked since I got it, and now the passenger side is busted too and the washer fluid goes all over the place. They can warranty it with the B2B since Im still under. Parts are on BO for me so I cant get them installed until next week to see if its a better part

·
Super Moderator
19,585 Posts
It requires removing the cowl to replace the nozzles on some models. My old cowl has two screws that hold the nozzle brackets in place. The nozzles are mounted inthe top of the clips and snap into place. My newly painted cowl has the nozzles sitting on top of the tower instead of inside it like the old one.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Hey there,

I have a rather odd situation where the little plastic casings over the winshield washer fluid squirters have both cracked (not sure how) and now the washer fluid squirts straight up in the air. The same crack appeared on both squirters within a few days of eachother and now I can barely wash my windows.

Has anyone else had this problem? Are those little things easy to replace? Thanks guys!
Kevin
idk about the 2nd gens but they normally are cake to swap out. and check ebay if you dont want to spend an arm and a leg at the dealer...

·
Super Moderator
19,585 Posts
Hey there,

Kevin
What year is your truck?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts