Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well woke up this morning to find that my windshield was broken and cannot be fixed. It sucks because its costing about $300. to fix.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Something must have caused it, rock,tree limb ?

·
Registered
225 Posts
First of all, sorry to hear that. My number one concern would have been theft. I don't know about you guys, but I live in an apartment complex, where my vehicle is parked far enough away so that I wouldn't hear the alarm go off. I'm slightly hesitant to install a nice new system, knowing that some fools could decide to break my window and jack my stuff. Especially since my insurance has a $500 deductible.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know if anyone did it, but it looks like someone threw a rock at it. After further examining, looks like the hood also got some dents, which sucks but what can I do, u kno!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I guess I am lucky, I only have a small rock chip in my windshield. Since mine chipped at
less than 3000 miles and most of the driving was done in city driving on paved streets I thought maybe the windshields were as chip prone as my paint.

OkieScot

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you have homeowner's insurance, it should cover vandalism, so any damage greater than your deductible should be reimbursable. The damage had to of occurred on your property though. I would also check with your vehicle insurance to see what your coverage policy can do for you.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Here in Florida if you have full coverage you can get your windshield replaced free of charge,even windshield repairs.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Frontier2 said:
Here in Florida if you have full coverage you can get your windshield replaced free of charge,even windshield repairs.
deff not the same in other states, i have tried :(

depending on you insurance deductable, i would claim it.
it will go down as a no fault claim, similar to when someone hit my rear bumper over a 3 day weekend and left no note or anything .... :?

·
Registered
225 Posts
A guy rear ended me in rush hour traffic around 5pm, just a bump, but my bumper is painted, not rubber or chrome. So I asked for the guy's insurance info, and he called me an extortionist and pulled a hit and run. Funny thing, it was rush hour, so he couldn't get away. I wrote down his license plate number, told the guy I was going to call the police and let him go. I filed my police report and would have forgone fixing the slight paint chip repair just to see the look on this guy's face, when at 11pm at night the cops roll up and approach him about a reported hit and run! The guy spills all his information beans, calls me the next morning, apologizes and offers to write me a check for the damage. Justice was served. Got my bumper painted early the next week.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
gfronty05 said:
I dont know if anyone did it, but it looks like someone threw a rock at it. After further examining, looks like the hood also got some dents, which sucks but what can I do, u kno!
likely some drunken idiot vandals. if your hood needs replacing/refinishing its gonna
cost alot more than 300 bucks.

hope you find the [email protected] that did it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts