Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Frontier S
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a clogged driver's side washer nozzle which I removed and blew compressed air into to clear it (2014 Frontier S, 4-cylinder 5-speed). It works fine now but my windshield wipers stopped working once I put everything back together. I've replaced the fuse but that didn't fix it. Here's the odd part....if I manually move the wiper blades up they stop about half way up the windshield. When I flip them on they suddenly slam down and won't budge, then about 10 seconds later they unfreeze and I can manually move them again. That tells me it's not a fuse problem. Could I have bumped something when I took off the cowl? Thoughts please? Thanks.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Take the arms off and see if it will cycle then. If it does, replace arms, sounds like the “park position“ for the arms is off.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Take the cowl back off and try operating wipers. It sounds like something is jamming the mechanism. Maybe you left a rag, or tools in there. Or the cowl isn't on right.

Welcome to the forum Ross (y)

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Did you remove the wiper arms when you were working on the nozzle? If so, remove the wiper arms, turn the key "on," turn the wipers "on" and watch the wiper arm studs to see if they are operating properly. If so, turn "off" the wipers and let them come to a stop before turning the ignition key "off." Install the wiper arms onto the wiper studs in the parked position. Retry the wipers and see how they work.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Frontier S
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SOLVED! Thank you a million times over--I removed the arms, turned on the wipers and the studs moved freely. I let them cycle thru a couple times, put the arms back on, and VIOLA! wipers are working again. I'm glad I wrote you folks, I did not look forward to taking the cowl off again. You rock!

·
Registered
32 Posts
You came to the right place no doubt! Alot of really smart people here that not only knows where to point you but lots are happy to help! I recently bought a 1998 frontier. with 80,000 miles in great shape from a family friend. I have alot of small things i plan to do (when I get time) and this site makes it a whole lot easier and more enjoyable.

·
Super Moderator
10,399 Posts
SOLVED! Thank you a million times over--I removed the arms, turned on the wipers and the studs moved freely. I let them cycle thru a couple times, put the arms back on, and VIOLA! wipers are working again. I'm glad I wrote you folks, I did not look forward to taking the cowl off again. You rock!
Glad it was such a simple fix, it’s great to fix something yourself isn’t it? Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay here.

Clint

Reactions: Zedbra
1 - 7 of 7 Posts