Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the windshield washer container have an overflow port on it. i've noticed after having it filled up that it was leaking behind the passanger side wheel basically near the mud catcher (flap). not inside the wheel well but inside the engine bay over the wheel well. I later poured water to the top of the container to watch it continue to leak and drain. Finally in the morning before I left for work (since it was still leaking) I decided to run the wipers and clean the window. Noticed the area has been dry every since. Anyone else come across this?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I am thinking that the hose that connects to the container has a loose clamp or is cracked. I know its been a bit cold in PB this year so the fluid may have slightly froze over night.

Are you using water or washer fluid?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mine actually had a split in the seam of the tank, right by the pump. It always seemed like it ran out much faster than it should. If you take out the wheel well liner on the passenger front side, you can see the whole tank. I tried to caulk the seam, glue it, but nothing seemed to hold it. I bought a whole new tank and put it in, no problems since. You can at least pop that fender liner out and see if you can figure out where it is leaking.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Yup, just like Gti stated. Remove the inner fender liner and check it out.

I wonder thou, could the pump itself crack? I know this happened on my old Cavalier but am not sure exactly how the Frontier's set-up is.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Goop !!

Don't know how to access it .. throught the wheel well sound like the best .. but fixing it I do know. Stuff is called "Goop" ... get the Marine grade stuff. Fixed my washer tank in my old AWD Astro ... lasted for years. It expands and contracts and stays elastic. I fixed a 6inch crack on a seam.

d-mo

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
If you're going to pull it apart, find out if a dealer keeps one in stock so you don't need to take it apart again if not repairable.

Clint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts