Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this issue before, dealer couldn't find anything. I get a couple of drips down the interior of my windshield about 3 inches to left of the right side "A" pillar. Today along with that I got a couple of drips on my gear selector and one drip hit my left hand when I was turning. Ran my fingers along the edge of my sunroof and headliner and I can't feel anything. I go to the dealer on Monday the 25th. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Water leaks are a pain.

Do Frontiers have sunroof drains that can clog with debris? Also, what about the roof rack, I have heard they can cause leaks where they mount too. I assume there is some sort of gasket between the roof and the rack mounts?

·
Super Moderator
10,778 Posts
They must drop the headliner to see where it originated from. Good luck, they will make it right.

Clint

·
Registered
325 Posts
Any resolution to this? The last two times it rained I got water intrusion around my sunglasses holder / map lights. Truck is at the dealer now getting checked out. I am pretty concerned because I don't want mold / mildew stink in my 'Tier. Hopefully whatever it is will be covered under my extended warranty.

·
Super Moderator
10,778 Posts
Water leaks are a pain.

Do Frontiers have sunroof drains that can clog with debris? Also, what about the roof rack, I have heard they can cause leaks where they mount too. I assume there is some sort of gasket between the roof and the rack mounts?
There is a drain tube in each corner of the sunroof.

Clint

·
Registered
158 Posts
Any resolution to this? The last two times it rained I got water intrusion around my sunglasses holder / map lights. Truck is at the dealer now getting checked out. I am pretty concerned because I don't want mold / mildew stink in my 'Tier. Hopefully whatever it is will be covered under my extended warranty.
Wow, me too. I think mine is because of the windshield replacement about a yr ago. It doesn't leak every time, only during the heavy rains. Usually I get a few drips or so that run down the inside of the window to the dash area. I have probably only gotten 3 drops that I KNOW of that hit the shifter area. I am going to replace my window soon and hope that fixes it. The warranty on my truck is gone since I am at 45k and plus my windsheild is pitted really bad so i think its the best route for me.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ok, my problem apparently was that my sunroof drains were clogged. I checked them and everything seemed fine but the dealer pulled a decent amount of crap out. Guess I'll have to do a better job next time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts