Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2022 Frontier S 4x4
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windshield got a small chip in it last night and parked in the sun this morn it spidered across the whole passenger side. Makes me question the quality of glass on these things. Safelite will gladly replace it for $950. Ouch. Hopefully I can find a better deal.

· Registered
404 Posts
My windshield got a small chip in it last night and parked in the sun this morn it spidered across the whole passenger side. Makes me question the quality of glass on these things. Safelite will gladly replace it for $950. Ouch. Hopefully I can find a better deal.
I wonder why so expensive?

· Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
1,248 Posts
My ‘18 was $440 from Safelite, but none of the fancy new safety systems. Your comp insurance won’t cover it?

· Registered
67 Posts
These newer windshields with safety stuff looking through them can get pricey! Our Outback took a rock from a cement truck and the replacement was going to be $1200 (dealership). Luckily we have a dash camera and were able to contact the construction company. Turns out they have a whole department just for that. They replaced the windshield at the dealership, no problem at all. First thing I did to my new truck was a camera.

· Registered
1,259 Posts
It all depends on if you choose factory (expensive) glass or aftermarket and like said earlier the calibration is added charge. Buddy has an outback that said it was north of 1k for his with lane departure crap and all.

· Registered
2016 Nissan Frontier SV CCSB 4x4
866 Posts
Exactly why I’m having trouble letting go of my 2nd Gen. Just replaced the windshield on mine a few months ago for $260 in California. No fancy tech, just straight up glass.

Reactions: twoliggett

· Registered
3,489 Posts
I have windshield coverage with my insurance, it is just $100 deductible.

· Registered
4,080 Posts
I have windshield coverage with my insurance, it is just $100 deductible.
In Phoenix AZ, if one has glass coverage on their insurance, several insurance companies actually hand YOU $100 - $150 in cash when you have the windshield fixed. We've had this done 3 times, there's tons of profit in this rip-off system of replacing windshields....

No insurance - then ask for the CASH PRICE, way difference, and call around.

· Registered
2022 Frontier S 4x4
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya, I just moved to Florida. They have state law that says insurance can’t charge, however I haven’t switched my insurance, and my deductible is $500.

· Registered
2 Posts
Call your car insurance company, ask them to add glass protection to your plan. Best option I ever added !!! I have a small co-pay and then I'm good to go. For some reason between like 2014 and 2016 my car and wifes car, we both needed windshield replacements, twice , Each !!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts