Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...came out to the truck this morning to find a ~12" crack in the lower half of my front windshield.

I'm assuming since it happened while parked and there's no evidence of vandalism, it was a result of temperature???

Anyway, my question.....is this repairable? Or does it need fully replaced?

thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
Well...came out to the truck this morning to find a ~12" crack in the lower half of my front windshield.

I'm assuming since it happened while parked and there's no evidence of vandalism, it was a result of temperature???

thanks
You can repair chips, but I don't think you can repair cracks. If it's not in your line of site I wouldn't bother replacing it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

thanks
Its the temp changes, mine go every winter. Wait till spring and replace it, once the roads are clear and its warmer. I pay about 3 or 4 bucks additional a month on my truck's insurance for glass. So "free" windshield just about every spring.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Glass is covered under warranty if there is no sign of physical damage and it originates from the edge.

There's a TSB for the dealer techs to diagnose if it's warrantyable or not.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I don't know the laws in PA, but I do know that in many states it is illegal to drive the vehicle with a cracked windshield. I would advise that for safety concerns alone, it would be a good idea to replace it asap. 12" or over is nonrepairable.
I say FIX THAT SICK FRONTY :sickly:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's always somethin huh?

I guess I'll wait for this snow to disappear and get it fixed. I'd love to wait til spring but I just drove to the gym and back (3 miles) and the crack grew a couple more inches...

I'll definitely be looking into the warranty replacement, as it does originate from the age and there's no sign of any foul play.

thanks all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts