Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this happen to them? I was driving down the highway at about 65 when there was a loud POP and broken glass went everywhere. I don't see any evidence of a projectile and don't think anything hit it. My rear windshield shattered about four years ago from me gently closing the door after getting in. Security video of the parking lot that time shows nothing happening- just the window shattering.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive exterior

It was about 18F out, and need less to say, the rest of the 150 miles home was rather chilly.

Also, and suggestions on where to find a quality replacement? Is there anyone that sells a tempered replacement?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Has anyone else had this happen to them? I was driving down the highway at about 65 when there was a loud POP and broken glass went everywhere. I don't see any evidence of a projectile and don't think anything hit it. My rear windshield shattered about four years ago from me gently closing the door after getting in. Security video of the parking lot that time shows nothing happening- just the window shattering.

View attachment 313715

It was about 18F out, and need less to say, the rest of the 150 miles home was rather chilly.

Also, and suggestions on where to find a quality replacement? Is there anyone that sells a tempered replacement?
Any reputable glass company should be able to find this from my understanding. I worked in insurance here in AZ for years and we never had any issues with a glass provider sourcing a side window. That is bizarre, though....

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Do you ever park in a manner that could piss other drivers off and cause them to seek to send you a message in some way.That looks like what a ceap walmart BB pistol does to safetyglass like car windows.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Is there anyone that sells a tempered replacement?
The original glass is probably tempered - That's pretty common for automotive "safety glass" nowadays.

Tempering makes the glass stronger, but can also introduce some crazy stresses in it - which is why it occasionally shatters for no apparent reason.

One of my relatives had to replace the back window in their SUV twice - used Safelite, and was satisfied with the product and service both times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts