Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to replace the front side window in a Frontier? Some dikhead smashed my drivers side window and broke in my truck.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
not hard at all. just gotta take out the weather seal on the inside of the door that the glass slides up on. and remove your door panel of course. and move the regulator up or down to get access to the bolts that hold the glass to the arm of the regulator. you will see what i mean. you will have to shimmy the glass around to get it in and out, just for warnin you may cus lol but overall its not difficult.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. The insurance company replaced the window no charge. Glass company did it in 30 minutes. Biggest issue is all the little pieces of broken glass that still show up from time to time.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
30 minutes? It was harder to vacuum the glass up then to replace it. After the door panel is off, slide the window in from the inside of the truck, and bolt it up (two 10mm bolts.) Roll the window mount down, just like you're rolling the window down about halfway and take out the bolts before you do anything.

That really F'n sucks man...Sorry to hear it. What did they take? I wasn't pissed off about any of my stuff (except maybe my .40 cal pistol) the last time it happened, it's just the fact that someone did it and violated your personal sh!t and I might have just givin it to someone to not have that feeling.

I work my *** off everyday and some people just run around jacking stereos, sell them on craigslist(where I found mine, another story), and make twice what I do in a week. I have a stereo shop near me that even does it but they haven't been caught.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I want to change the door speakers i just got some JL audio speakers, i dont want to break the door panels is there any clips that are hard to get off?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
They all are just spike clips that clip into the metal door skin behind it. There are two screws under the arm rest and one behind the black plastic behind the door handle. All the clips are liable to break but they also get wore out easily from removing them so you may just want to pick up a pack from the dealer. I bought some at a parts store but they are for a Chevrolet and don't work well. The clips are cheap, don't worry about it. Oh and once the screws are out its pretty much just grabbing the bottom of the panel and pulling. You are not going to break the panel itself.

Wait? You are a first gen? Not sure when the screws are on it but the clips are pretty much the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts