Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pro 4X
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have asked around on various facebook groups and on reddit but i cant get a solid answer, so i figured i would try here!

I have the full hefty skid plate set ordered, i just need to go pick it up, but setting up my winch is next on the list. I wanted to do the WAM winch mount, but i cant get an answer on if i will be able to make their mount work with the hefty front skid. Does anyone have any experience with this? I dont mind the look of hefty's tube winch bumper, and i know it is compatible with their skids, i was just trying to avoid spending that much $$$ on a bumper. If thats the best option though i may just do it, i just wanted to check if anyone else has any input on the WAM mount and aftermarket skids. I asked WAM but they said they have no idea. I also asked hefty and they also have no idea, ha.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
Wam mount works fine. You mount the Wam mount then the skid plate. you just need to pull the 4 bolts on the bottom and run them through the skid and the winch plate bolts. the winch plate is still held up by the front frame horn bolts.

·
Registered
2011 Pro 4X
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wam mount works fine. You mount the Wam mount then the skid plate. you just need to pull the 4 bolts on the bottom and run them through the skid and the winch plate bolts. the winch plate is still held up by the front frame horn bolts.
Thank you - someone in a Facebook group claimed they tried this and it absolutely did not work, but others said it would so i have been back and forth on if i should just order and try it or not.

·
Registered
2011 Pro 4X
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need longer bolts for the bottom and you need to leave everything loose and get all bolts in first, but, it works.
Great - saved me $700! Thank you!

Do you happen to know what the max winch capacity is for the WAM mount? Amazon has a good deal on the 12k x20 but not sure if the mount takes a 12k lbs winch, WAM hasnt gotten back to me.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
Just keep in mind the way the front frame of the frontier is built.....

Also, make sure the winch you are getting isn't too large. I have an engo 9500 and had to do some slight trimming to the metal bracket behind the bottom of the grille.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone in Canada had any luck getting a WAM bumper? This is the first I have heard of them and they look awesome, I would really like to have one shipped up here, because there isn't anything else like it in my area.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
Has anyone in Canada had any luck getting a WAM bumper? This is the first I have heard of them and they look awesome, I would really like to have one shipped up here, because there isn't anything else like it in my area.
I'd contact them directly. Natalie (if she is still with them) was always quick to respond to questions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts