Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
First off the headlights on the 05 to current are an 9007 and the fog lights if so equipped are an H11 any bulb matching these descriptions will work. That being said almost all LED headlight conversions perform like crap as while that all produce intense lighting they are uncontrolled and scatter light in all directions many times fooling the owner into thinking he is seeing further down the road when in fact you're usually seeing less distance down the road. Simply put none of the cheap low cost plug-n-play LED or HID "conversion" kits truly work worth a dam. I tried some highly rated LED headlights and ended up returning them as they simply sucked in our old school light halogen housings...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the reply! Trust me, it would not have been for a cosmetic reason. My truck has way more things that I find very positive than negative, however, when on high beam it just seems like the light overall is diminished. Our 2011 and 2017 Forester's lights on low or high are just amazing. Again, thank you!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thank you so much for the reply! Trust me, it would not have been for a cosmetic reason. My truck has way more things that I find very positive than negative, however, when on high beam it just seems like the light overall is diminished. Our 2011 and 2017 Forester's lights on low or high are just amazing. Again, thank you!
That's the part that I found the worst when I tried LED headlight bulbs, the high beams were a dim shadow filled tunnel... You might look to a set of PIAA or other higher end halogen bulbs such as the Silver Stars (?) as they perform better than the stock bulbs. I went with PIAA and while they are not show stoppers they were better than the stock bulbs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts