Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 silver crew cab Nismo Frontier. It's great, but the chrome front & rear bumper, and grille is kinda gross. So the plan is to paint the back bumper & grille black, but I'd like to get a body colored front bumper. Does anyone know if the bumpers on the newer Frontiers will fit on my 06? Has anyone tried doing this or painting?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Nissan made some small cosmetic changes (different headlights...) to the front of the truck after 2009, but I’m not sure if the front bumpers mounting brackets are different or not. If you look at aftermarket bumpers, Shrockworks or HeftyFabWorks, their bumpers are sold as 2005+ so you might be in luck. The rear is definitely swappable though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
I have a 2006 silver crew cab Nismo Frontier. It's great, but the chrome front & rear bumper, and grille is kinda gross. So the plan is to paint the back bumper & grille black, but I'd like to get a body colored front bumper. Does anyone know if the bumpers on the newer Frontiers will fit on my 06? Has anyone tried doing this or painting?

Thanks!
No.
Well a 2009+ bumper can be bolted onto the chassis... but it won't line up with the rest of your 2006.

If you install a 2009+ one-piece bumper you'll also have to get the 2009+ headlamps, 2009+ center grille, and 2009+ hood because nothing lines up between the two versions.

Take a look at this:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No.
Well a 2009+ bumper can be bolted onto the chassis... but it won't line up with the rest of your 2006.

If you install a 2009+ one-piece bumper you'll also have to get the 2009+ headlamps, 2009+ center grille, and 2009+ hood because nothing lines up between the two versions.

Take a look at this:
I've been looking for something like that. The differences are so subtle even when comparing 2 side by side pics it was hard for me to tell. I appreciate the info though. Guess I'll either have to find on 05-08 bumper or get mine painted.

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
Yeah it is very subtle... until you actually swap components over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Painting the chrome bumper to body match the paint is too tricky an option? Seen some good results on youtube. I have the chrome front/rear bumper and would like to body match also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts